Chapter VII

THE BOYS were leaving today and I was able to drive them to the airport. "Thanks for having us Lexie." Iker smiled giving me a light hug. I was surprised, he never usually is like that.

Gareth had been on his phone the entire ride to the airport."Alright lover boy. Say goodbye." I laughed giving him a hug as he smiled. "I'm glad my matchmaker skills are on point."

He shook his head and boarded the jet. Sergio came next "Bye Alex. How fabulous it was to see you." He said in a terrible British accent.

"Yeah maybe you should work on that." I laughed hitting his fist with my own. Marcelo was the worst of them all, he had tears in his eyes and he looked at me with puppy dog eyes. "Aww Marc." He rested his head on my shoulder and I patted his head. James rolled his eyes at him and joined the hug.

Marcelo pulled away and wiped his eyes and waved before getting on the plane. James looked at me and smiled "Good luck Lex. Text me if you need any super soccer advice."

I rolled my eyes "Oh okay. Tell Daniela I said hi and to text me. And send me lots of pictures of Soni."

"I will!" And then he boarded. And then there were three.

I turned to face Cris with a smile. "Well, I'll see you two soon. Probably after the cup." I leaned down to pick up Junior and I ran my hand through his curls. I peeked at Cristiano who was staring at the both of us with sadness. "Sooner than you think." I said reaching out to touch his arm.

He smiled again and pulled me to him. He kissed my forehead head, earning an 'ewy' from Junior, and squeezed my hand. "I'll text you when we land."

I nodded and watched as Junior and Cris boarded the plane. Turning to wave before the door shut. I backed up and went to the car and watched as they took off and flew away.

And back to reality.

________________________________

"GO PINOE!" I yelled from the bench as she brought down the ball. We were playing Columbia, and they were holding us off pretty damn well. Megan took the ball and crossed it into the middle of the box towards Julie who jumped to head it. She missed, I groaned and sat back down not realizing I was on my feet in the commotion.

My knee has been feeling great all week. I haven't had any pain and I can now run on it. Hopefully I'll be back by next week at least.

Abby sat back in her seat after we missed another shot. I nudged her arm "I saw Jill's clipboard. Your starting second half." Abby patted my shoulder "Thanks."

I nodded and looked at her for a minute. "How can you even think about retiring?" I said quietly.

Abby sighed and leaned back "It's just my time. I'm ready."

I crossed my arms "Well Mrs Selfish I'm not." She laughed "I'm so sorry I forgot about your weight in this situation."

I looked at her pointedly "Yeah you did." How can she even think of leaving me. "It's not fair."

Abby placed a hand on my head "Well Mrs Selfish it's not fair to me if you make me stay."

She had a point. A very very good point. "Hey. Don't use my own words against me." I pouted sending her an accusing glance. Abby shook her head "Patent it then."

I will.

___________________________________

We won against Columbia by two goals. Abby got in and helped with an assist to an assist. Which is a thing!!

Cris and the boys had landed safely and we're home now. Junior was apparently very upset that they had come home.

"He keeps saying he wants to move to Canada. But he's pronouncing as 'Ca-nay-dia'. Oh here he comes. Cris where do you want to move? Come tell Alex."

I heard shuffling and then Junior's voice came through "Canaydia!!'

Oh my gosh. Cuteness overload.

"I wish you could move here! That way I could see you everyday!" I laughed

"Daddy I miss Alex."

Cue my heart melting.

"I miss you too." I said feeling my heart sink. This hurts.

"Let's go back!" I heard him as his voice faded away. I heard Cris chuckle "We will, at some point. I promise."

"Yeah! You guys should come back." I giggled

I heard a slam and a shout. No one answered on the other end after a few seconds and I looked down at my phone. The call dropped.

I frowned and tried to call him again, it went to voicemail. Now my stomach felt sick.

I texted Cris Hey are you okay?

I waited five minutes. Ten. Fifteen. Maybe Katia...

I dialed her number. "Hello?" I heard her calming voice.

"Katia? Are you with Cris? I was just on the phone and the call randomly dropped."

"Umm I am not. I'll try calling. I'll text you." She said sounding confused.

I hung up feeling like a stone was weighing down on me. I waited impatiently staring at my phone.

After checking for the third time that my phone was on sound it rang with a text. No answer. I'll go over there.

Oh gosh. What if something is seriously wrong?

Hurry. Please. I have a bad feeling.

I tried him one last time to feed the last shred of hope I had. Nothing.

"Alex? C'mon! It's team bonding time." Tobin called from the small living space in our room. Crap. "Go on ahead. I'll catch up!" I called back.

She appeared in the doorway looking confused "Are you su- what's wrong?"

"Cris... he just- I think something is wrong." I said feeling numb.

Tobin came over and sat beside me "What happened?"

____7_____________13__________________

I'm sorry. For being two days late 😭

And also for that cliffhanger.

But I love you ♡♡ :D

Next update : the 26 MY BIRTHDAY ^-^

Remember Crismes is the real ship here. And as always HALA MADRID Y NADA MAS!