Chapter 10

"WE ONLY have one week ladies. Move!" Jill commanded as we ran our fifa 11 drills. *I. F-ing. Hate. Fifa. 11.*

During the shoulder bumps everyone always tried to knock their partner down. It's a very interesting process. I was with Tobin so I was definitely knocking her over.

When we hit the first cone and shuffled in I jumped when I got close and our shoulders hit. We both landed on our feet chuckling. We continued until we hit the fifth cone then jogged back in line. "Alright bring it in."

We gathered around Jill and listened as she made her usual pregame speech. "Hard work and dedication has gotten us here." She finished.

We got dismissed and headed back to the bus to get to the hotel. Cris and I have been texting since this morning.

*just putting convo *

C: I think we are coming.
A: *happy dance*
C: Carlo hasn't said it yet but I think he's thinking about it.
A: That'd be awesome! It's going to be quite interesting.
C: You guys will do great.
A: 😊

Tobin shoved my arm as she sat down "Didn't get me today Morgan." I laughed "Today, but I will tomorrow."

~•~
"I don't really think this is even an argument because you are just saying David Beckham because you think he's hot." James said rolling his eyes as we facetimed.

"No David is definitely the biggest retired soccer star." I defended shaking my head.

James got up and began to walk through his house. "I miss my house." I said sadly resting my head on my hand.

It looked like James was going through his fridge "You'll be home soon enough, OOO carrots." He exclaimed

I scrunched my nose in disgust. "Disgusting. I can't believe you guys ever let me eat those." James looked at me pointedly "You asked for them. We had no idea."

"So what. Gross." I said as he munched on a carrot. James rolled his eyes "You baby."

In answer I hung up and went downstairs to find something to do. I ended up finding Abby and we went out and walked through town. "What are you going to do when we win?" Abby asked smiling

I shrugged "Cry maybe. You?" Abby sighed "Retire."

I gave a fake laugh "Right forgot." Abby stopped in her tracks and made me stop too "Alex I know it's hard for you. But it's time, I'm not getting as much play time and there's a reason for it."

I looked at her for a moment and saw her, I mean really saw her. She had lines around her eyes to show tiredness and the normal spark that was in those eyes wasn't as bright. "You've been my mentor for so long." I said sadly

Abby smiled and rested a hand on my arm "And you've done well. Now it's time for you to be someone's mentor, and teach them what I've taught you."

This is the first time I'm realizing her point. "I'll miss you." I said smiling slightly

Abby wrapped her arms around me in a hug "Y'know I will come back for a few games." I held her tight and said "Few meaning all of them?"

_____________________________________

"Pick up Cris!!" I said irritated as the phone rang. He was supposed to let me know by 1 pm my time.

When he didn't answer I angrily called James who said he would love to talk but is dealing with some stuff and abruptly hung up. Did I do something?