Chapter 19

"I JUST hope you understand that you're making me feel terrible." I said as Cris drive silently letting me rant. We'd been driving around the city seeing sights from our pst together.

When he didn't answer I kept going. "Do you want me to feel terrible Cris? Is that what you want?" We stopped at a red light and he sighed and looked over at me. "Alexandra Patricia Morgan, I have to ask you to forgive me in advance for what I'm about to say," I hesitantly nodded fearing the worst. "Shut up." He finished turning back to the road.

Shut up?! "You're supposed to say you're upset because I forgot!" I said throwing my hands up.

"But I'm not." He said calmly ignoring that my head is getting ready to blow.

"Well I am!" I said through gritted teeth. How can he be okay that I forgot such a big thing?!

"Please, for me?" He said his eyes pleading as he glanced at me.

Damn his eyes! "Fine, but this isn't the last time we discuss how you're not mad at me when you should be."

Cristiano looked nervous "Oh I think it might."

I narrowed my eyes but he held up his hand and then put his finger to his lips.

I crossed my arms in a huff and sat back.

Just you wait Ronaldo.

~•~
"Salvador Bachiller Jardin Secreto." Cristiano explained when he put the car in park. "Or secret garden on the roof."

"Cool another romantic place you're taking me on our one year anniversary that I forgot." I mumbled getting out of the car.

Make me feel worse Mr Romance. When we began walking Cristiano looked ahead "I didn't think about the long walk to the place. Are you okay?"

I nodded although the part of my shoulders that lean on the crutches were aching. I wouldn't forget about our one ear and complain.

When we got inside Cristiano spoke rapid Spanish, I couldn't even understand.

The man took in our situation and led us to an elevator. Oh thank goodness. "So what are we doing here?"

Cris didn't meet my eyes "It's got a really good view, I thought you'd like it."

There he goes again, being selfless and sweet. I grabbed his hand and squeezed and when the doors opened we exited the small elevator.

It was an outside garden with a wall to look over the city. Plants and flowers were everywhere and there were little twinkly light strung up around the room. "It's so pretty!" I smiled going over to lean against the wall looking out at the breathtaking view.

"Yeah it is." Cris mumbled falling into step beside me.

I glanced at him "I'm really sorry. I can't believe I forgot." I whispered

He took my hand "In all honesty I'm glad you did." He kissed my palm and let it go. He drummed his fingers on the wall nervously. Is he nervous because I feel bad?

I placed my hand on his thrumming fingers. "You okay there?"

He nodded quickly before looking out at the city as the sun set and he took a breath and pulled away from me.

"Are you sure? Because you don't seem oka-"

"This is another thing I need you to forgive me for now before I say it." He said his eyes averting my gaze.

Oh gosh. He's going to break up with me. I forgot our most important anniversary and now he's breaking up with me!!

"You're breaking up with me?" I asked incredulously feeling my eyes start to burn. Cristiano's eyes widened in horror "No! No no oh gosh no!" He said pulling me to him and hugging me.

"I was going to tell you to keep quiet because I need to talk." He said pulling away looking down at me.

I breathed a sigh of relief before smacking his arm "Don't scare me like that!" He held up his hands "I'm sorry!"

I calmed down and wiped at my eyes where a tear had fallen. "Okay... talk."

He looked at me wistfully and took my hands in his. "You know I love you," I nodded "You know my family, for the most part loves you."

Elma I internally roll my eyes.

"Junior adores you. The team adores you. We've only been together a year and already I feel like it's been a century."

"I don't know if that's a compliment." I stated thinking about it. He stopped my thinking by cupping my face in his warm hands. "One year is too short. I want to be with you forever."

Cue the aww's. "Cris.." I whispered my voice thick with emotion.

He placed his thumb on my lips keeping me silent. "You're the one I call when I'm pissed about a game. The one who I love to cuddle because you're the cutest thing. You're the most beautiful woman I've ever seen. And you caught my heart that first night I met you."

Where is he going with this- oh god. He's getting down on one knee.

"Alex, I love you and I want to be with you." He pulled something or of his coat pocket, a velvet box. "So I wanted to ask you... Will you marry me?"

Mayday mayday we have a situation. Main headquarters has gone blank and can't speak. "I-you-um-I." I stuttered trying to find proper English.

His eyebrows pulled together as he glanced at the beautiful ring in the box and back at me.

"Do you-" he began but I cut him off. "Yes." I whispered he looked at me as if unsure if I'd actually said it. "Yes." I said louder.

He grinned ear to ear and got up and pulled my lips to his. I couldn't believe he just proposed.

When he pulled away he leaned his forehead against mine. "I love you." He whispered

"I love you." I murmured burying my head in his chest. I can't believe he proposed.

Cristiano pulled away a offered me the ring. I looked at it and my heart began to race. He slipping it out of the velvet holder and placed it on my ring finger. "It's perfect." I said looking up at him with tears in my eyes.

"You're perfect." He smiled kissing me again.

This day was perfect.

~•~

I couldn't hold onto this chapter. I needed it to come out😂😂

Let me know what you think about how Cristiano did it.

Remember Crismes is the real ship here. And as always HALA MADRID Y NADA MAS.