Chapter 13

OH GOSH with the extremely bright lights people. I groaned and grumbled "Off." I heard some shuffling and the blinding light went off.

I peeked an eye open and could see blurry figures. "Listen blurry people, I don't feel well. So leave me be."

"Oh great. Alex all loopy. Love it." I heard someone mutter and then a smack.

"Shhh." I shushed. So loud, why do they have to be so loud.

"Lex?" I heard a voice that sounded like Cris.

I turned my head towards the voice "Hm? You sound alot like Cris." I heard someone belt out a loud laugh and I held my head "Shhhh! My brain is sleeping."

"You don't have one there pal." I heard a strange voice say. I opened my eyes wide, I don't have a brain? "WHAT?"

James came into view "That's right. You don't have a brain." Oh gosh. I don't have a brain? How am I ever going to think?

"Oh no. What happened to it? Well how great is this. No brain, no leg." I said feeling very tired.

"James, why do you have to work her up like that? Alex your brain is where it always was. In your head." The Cristiano voice said.

"It's a little weird how much you sound like him." I mumbled looking over at him. Woah, he looks like him too. "You even look like him!"

"I am him." He said laughing. I nodded thoughtfully "That makes perfect sense now."

I tried to sit up in the medical bed and looked down at my leg. "Oh golly. That's gonna hurt tomorrow."

"Does it hurt now?" James asked poking the thick cast. I glared at him "No touchy."

"So yes." Why is he so irritating?

"James please stop speaking." I slurred. "I really need water."

Cris got up quickly and went out to the hallway and came back a moment later with a Styrofoam cup. He came over and held the straw for me so I could sip. "Ah. Delicious."

"Water doesn't have a taste so it can't be delicious." James said holding up a finger. I held up a finger to him as well.

"I don't like feeling like this." I whined. "I missed the celebration."

Cris patted my arm "You always come off the sedative quickly. I say you have about 10 more minutes until you feel normal again."

I gave him an odd look "What're you talking about? I am normal right now. I'm talking about my headache."

~•~

"Baby Horse! Ugh I'm so glad you're okay. Let's talk about how we had to pull Abby off of that girl twice." Pinoe laughed as we all sat in the Fox sports lounge waiting to be interviewed.

Cris was still with me but the rest of the team had to go back this morning.

"Yeah and then we had to pull Pinoe off of her. That's the part she's leaving out." Carli laughed.

I wrapped an arm around Pinoe. "Thanks Pinoe."

"I want to be the first to sign your cast." She declared getting up to find a sharpie.

I decided to get a pink cast to match the whole pink pre wrap thing. Little did Pinoe know that Cris already signed it. I was wearing running shorts, I couldn't fit into jeans or leggings with this cast, and I felt out of place. All the other girls were wearing jeans or leggings.

Pinoe came back with a black sharpie qnd kneeled to sign my cast. "Oh what the hell. He already signed it." She said tilting her head to read it. "Aw how cute."