Chapter Twenty Nine

Alex's P.O.V.

"This is the first solid lead you've gotten since this case started and you're doing nothing about it!!! Are you fucking kidding me!!! My brother could be...dead..." My shouting trails to an end at the unfathomable possibility.

My brother...

My love...

My Bell...he could be dead.

No.

He's alive.

He won't give up.

"Listen kid, just because your brother's friends 'think they know something' doesn't mean it's necessarily true but we're looking into it none the less. Get some rest I'm sure you're mother is worried about you." The detective leading the case replies in bored tone.

In a fit of rage I throw all the things on his desk to the ground giving him a glare that could freeze over hell.

"FUCK YOU!!! Fuck you and all the other useless cops on this case!!! If you won't do your jobs then I will and when this mess is all over I'm suing the fuck out off all you lazy bums!!!" I scream kicking over a chair before storming out of his office.

Key and Ryder are both waiting for me outside looking more than a little unnerved at my angry demeanor. If this was any other time I would've gone berserk at the sight of the traitor leeched onto my brother's best friend. If the idiot wasn't helping that obsessed asshole Ace and his bat-shit crazy twin sister none of us would be in this damn mess. Key must sense my intention to unleash my rage on Ryder because he suddenly steps protectively before him throwing me a withering glare of his own.

"Don't." The one hissed word from the petite brunette was enough to get my mind to focus on the task at hand.

My fists clench at my sides as I take a deep breath before speaking.

"The cops are gonna be of no use to us but we don't have any time to waste. Ryder we're going to have a much needed little drive." I say as calmly as I can manage and before he can even answer Key speaks up.

"I'm coming with you guys." He says seriously.

"No!" Both Ryder and I say at the same time giving each other weary stares.

"You could get hurt baby...you don't need to be mixed up in this crap any longer." Ryder says worriedly.

"The moron's right Key, it's dangerous and the last thing we need is to be worrying about your safety too. Theo wouldn't want you to do something so reckless." I say honestly and he goes tense.

"There's no way in hell I'm leaving you two alone. You'll kill each other before you can get anything done and Theo's my best friend. I'm coming wether you two like it or not." He says firmly as the other tries again to deter him.

"Babe..." Is all he gets out before the petite boy in front of him glares up at him unwaveringly.

"I can take care of myself and I don't care if Alex is Theo's brother or not...if he hurts you I'll raise hell.", he turns to me with a hard glare and I give him a cold smirk "let's go Carlingson I need to save both my babies." His tone and words reminds me so much of his old self.

Kai would do and say the exact same thing.

I guess Key hates me too.

Somethings never change.

"Just try not to get in the way." I say before leading them to my car.

"Where did Katie say there first hide out was?" I ask when we get in and he gives me the address.