Chapter Thirteen

Theo's P.O.V.

I linked my arm through Kai's as we headed to the canteen noticing him wince slightly.

"Hey, are you alright?" I ask quietly and he just smiles though it doesn't reach his eyes.

"I'm fine. Where is your man anyway?" He asks and I giggle.

"Your my man." I say which causes him to smirk until he suddenly goes expressionless, his grip tightening on me.

I follow his gaze seeing Ace and Ryder heading towards us.

"Babe, everything is gonna be fine. It's just Ryder and Ace but if you don____" he cuts me off with a pointed glare.

"I'm not a child and I'm definitely not afraid of dumb or dumber." He says sharply before sighing and squeezing his eyes shut.

"I'm s-sorry...I'm fine." He continues before the blank expression settles over his face again.

"Ba___" my words are cut off as Ace pulls me into his arms giving me a butterfly inducing tender kiss.

I melt into it feeling my worry start to slip away.

"Miss me?" He asks as we pull away and I nod reconnecting our lips.

---------------

Kai's P.O.V.

A familiar sinking feeling filled me as my last possible chance to escape was taken. Theo, always so oblivious would probably never know but I preferred it that way. I didn't want anyone to know about what happened to me. Not even my twin sister could deal with my demons so why would I set them on someone else.

"Hey cutie, what's up?" Ryder says with a cocky smirk that flips my insides.

"The sky but I bet you don't even know what that is." I say snidely and his smirk falters for a bit until understanding flashes through his eyes.

That and a spark of annoyance.

My nails dig into my sore palms causing pleasant bangs of pain.

I was in control.

Being scared was unnecessary.

"Aren't you a bright one." He says stepping closer to me and I automatically back away feeling the very real sparks of fear running it course through my frayed nerves.

"D-Don't you have places to go...babies to kill?" I ask cursing my slightly wavering voice as back into the lockers effectively trapping myself.

Something flashes through his eyes as his hands come up on either side of me to prevent me from leaving even though I already felt paralyzed. His icy blue eyes bore right into me seeming to see my shattered soul.

"Why...why do you hate me?" He asks sounding so damn sincere that it tore at me even more.

I'd be damned if I fell for another one of his lies.

He was a monster.

He ruined me.

I hate him.

Boiling anger and hatred washes over me and it takes everything in me not to beat him into the afterlife.

"Oh, you don't remember? Poor Rye, what should I do to jog his memory?", I ask in a sickly sweet tone biting my lip in mock thought "Fuck you Ryder...I hope you rot in the depths of hell." I finish in bone chilling harshness.

Hurt flashes through his eyes before anger takes it's place. He slams his fist into the locker beside me and I wince realizing belatedly that Theo and Ace had already left and it was just the two of us. Once again I was on my own without any help.