46. A Thanksgiving (Part 10)

Start from the beginning

Adele was trembling now. Francesco's words about killing her brother made her feel chills running down her spine. She swallowed hard as she nodded her head " I .... am sorry..."

Francesco sighed " Sweetheart, calm down. My intentions are not to scare you. I am just giving you the heads up that this thanksgiving is a one off. Your brother won't have the luxury of being in your presence so freely unless a public event and I have to keep up appearances. This would continue until I am satisfied." He then told himself " Until he begs me for forgiveness and he weeps his eyes out and maybe only if he means it, then I would be satisfied." But of course he didn't disclose that part.

Adele could sense the danger. Her body couldn't stop shaking. He had promised not to hurt him but it didn't mean he was going to be treated well. She should have expected this but there was the promise and threatening tone behind his words that scared her. He meant every word.

Francesco wrapped his arms tightly around her waist making her stop dancing. He leaned close and closed his eyes as he attached his lips to hers in a gentle but possessive kiss. It was a kiss that told her to compromise. It was a kiss that assured her, how much Francesco loved her but also warned her to be careful with this love. Francesco was on edge. He had self control, he had sympathy, he made allowances when it came to Adele. But his deep love for her was dangerous as it had no boundaries.

He pulled away as he was satisfied and whispered " Sweetheart, you didn't answer my question from earlier. I said I want us to spend time on planning our wedding and working on our relationship. You never said, you agreed of disagree."

Adele was breathing hard as she looked into Francesco's serious eyes. It scared her how much he loved her but for some reason the fear was getting replaced by feeling .... protected. She couldn't even explain it but she felt truly safe and protected now. Ever since she had committed herself to becoming engaged, she had started to put away her shyness and admitting how much she loved him. Engagement changed her courage, which reminded her of something.

Adele bit her lip as she looked up " I think you are right but ..... I was wondering if we could, I mean if we could have an engagement party before the wedding maybe with the same wedding guests. I like to meet everyone at my wedding before the day so I don't feel nervous."

Francesco touched his head to hers " Our engagement party is all yours to plan sweetheart. Anything you want for this engagement, anyone you want to invite, any guests, any bands, any designers, just name them and consider it done. I love you so much." Adele's answer truly pleased him.

Adele couldn't believe that Francesco hadn't read between the lines. She wanted to invite his parents and she was going to. She wanted her family to meet his and this allowance Francesco had made for her had presented the golden opportunity. She didn't know what Francesco was going to say but he had just granted her full control even though previously he had mentioned he was going to be in charge of guest list. He just was being generous with her. Too generous..

Adele looked nervous but managed a smile. " Our focus is our engagement party first and then it's wedding. Maybe after the engagement party you won't want me to plan the wedding. You maybe mad at me...."

Francesco's tense muscles suddenly relaxed as he laughed " Surprise me sweetheart. Surprise me. I get to have you in the end. That's all that matters.as long as no one comes between us, as long as no one tries to take you away, as long as no one tries to turn you against me, I won't be too mad."

Francesco pulled away slightly and took a deep breath as he saw Adele's smile. He then carried on with the dance where they had left off.

Adele's smile took Francesco's breath away. Touching her hips made him feel close to his angel and made him feel alive. Looking into her eyes felt like he was safer that he could ever be. But of course he was not sure how long she was going to put up with him. He had hurt Angelo afterall. He was touching her with the same pair of hands he had used to hurt Angelo. But part of him didn't think he had done anything wrong. He had promised not to torture Angelo but he hadn't said anything else. What he had done to Angelo wasn't technically torture. It was too mild to be classified as a form of torment. He had just taught him a lesson. That was all. But part of him admitted that he was on the edge. It was as close as he could get to making his relationship with Adele suffer a set back if he carried on tormenting Angelo. That traitor deserved that and much more. He really wished he could kill him slowly and painfully. But of course he couldn't just because he was related by blood to the woman he loved. It frustrated him to end knowing he had let a traitor get away and at times seeing his face reminded him of his unfinished vendetta.