Chapter 4

It was Monday morning, and Nell had just walked into ops, when she saw everyone standing sitting around in the bullpen, including Eric, who was sitting on a chair in front of Deeks' desk.

"What's going on? Something feels off." Nell stated, truthfully.

"I don't know. Hetty told us to wait in the bullpen, until she gets here. We have no idea what's going on." Sam explained.

"Okay, now I regret coming in today." Nell stated simply.

"Don't worry, I'm sure it's nothing." Eric spoke.

"Well then explain why we're not in ops, doing our work, like we should be." Nell spoke.

Eric shrugged, as Hetty walked into the bullpen, with three envelopes in her hand.

"Ah, I can see you are all here." Hetty stated.

"Yes, Hetty. We are. Now, do you mind telling us what's going on?" Callen asked.

"Why, yes, Mr Callen, of course. Now, over the course of the last three days, it has been brought to my attention, that we need to be able to work cooperatively with each other, being completely honest. Even when the worst times shine. We need to be able to trust one another, to be able to work as a team." Hetty explained.

"Hetty, I've already apologised for that." Nell spoke.

"Oh, I know, Miss Jones. This isn't about you. It's about all of us. Now, this is a type of scavenger hunt. There will be ten clues. The first team to successfully follow all ten clues correctly, and arrive at the last detonation, with the correct products, will win."

"This sounds fun." Deeks commented.

"Yes, yes, Mr Deeks. Now, Mr Deeks, you will be working with Mr Hanna. Miss Blye, you will be working with Mr Beale and Miss Jones, with Mr Callen."

"Now, if you will all open your envelopes containing the first clue. You may take as long as you like, just know that once the first team arrives at the end destination, the game is over and they win. However, what you win, you will have to see once you arrive. But there will be no alerts, so you will have to work as fast as you can to arrive first. Now go. Your time starts now."

The team didn't bother to object. Instead, they snagged the envelopes from Hetty and get set on solving their first clue.

Callen moved to stand next to Nell, opening up the first clue, noting that it was in fact, braille. Callen looked confused, considering her didn't know how to read braille, but Nell smirked, scanning her fingers over the little bumps in the material that she held in her hand.

Nell grinned, grabbing hold of Callen's arm and practically dragging him out of the bullpen, not wanting to tell him the answer inside, where the others could hear their answer.

When they got outside Nell turned to Callen. "Never mess with a marines coffee. That was the clue. Where is the closest coffee shop from here?" Nell asked.

"There's a Starbucks about ten minutes from here." He informed.

Nell nodded, "Let's go."

Callen led Nell to his car, getting in and putting on his seatbelt. He started up his car and turned to Nell. "Are you sure you're up to this? We don't have to participate if you're still in pain."