Chapter 2

"I...I..." Nell stumbled.

"Nell, it's okay. You don't need to worry. I'm here for you. I'm not going to let Derek hurt you again. I promise you. Why don't we go and sit down, and you can tell me what's been going on. I promise you, I'm not here to judge you, Nell. I just want to help. But in order to do that, I need to know what has been going on." Kensi spoke.

Nell nodded, shaking slightly, as small tears started making their way down her face.

Nell sat down, across from Kensi, at her dining room table.

"Nell, it's okay. Breathe. Now, can you tell me how long you have known Derek?" Kensi asked.

Nell nodded, "Two months."

"It started out great. I mean, when I met him, I thought he was smart and handsome, but that all changed after a few days of us going out." Nell continued.

"He started getting angry at everything I did. Nothing could please him. I got sick of it, so I tried to end things with him, which only made things worse. He got even angrier at me, and then that was when he started hitting me. I tried everything I could to get away, but he was just too strong for me to handle."

"It was only a few days ago, when he started using me for other things, to satisfy his needs." Nell finished, her body shaking rapidly.

Kensi's heart broke for the girl that she could call a sister. She moved to sit next to Nell and hugged her tightly, comforting her.

"Hey, hey, it's okay. We are going to get through this. I'm going to be here for you all the way, and I'm pretty sure Callen and the guys have their mind set on bringing this guy down. As do I."

Nell nodded, pulling away from Kensi and wiping her tears away. "We need to go to the boat-shed. I'm ready to face this. The guys need information about Derek and I'm ready to give it to them. As long as you are there with me."

Kensi frowned, "Nell, are you sure you're ready for this? We don't have to do this now."

Nell nodded, "I'm ready. The rest of the team needs to know what's going on."

Kensi nodded, "Alright."

It wasn't long before they had arrived at the boat shed, and as soon as they walked in, Callen,Sam and Deeks had all turned to look at them.

Sam and Deeks both showed big looks of concern, worry and sympathy for Nell, as they saw the bruises and cuts on her face.

"I'm fine." Nell stated simply, answering their question before they ever asked it.

"How did you- never mind." Deeks spoke.

"His name is Derek Greysnow. He's thirty-four and works as a carpenter. Well, at least that's what he told me when we started dating." Nell informed.

"You dated this guy? Like dated-dated? As in boyfriend-girlfriend kind of dated? I thought you and Eric had a thing." Deeks commented.

"It wasn't a good relationship. At first he was really great, and we had a great time together, but after a couple of days, he started getting too full on, and that when the abuse and the urge for satisfying himself, despite my feelings and arguments, started."

"Oh and Deeks? The only people around here that have a thing, are you and Kensi. Eric and I are just friends." Nell added, causing Sam and Callen to chuckle.

"I'm sorry that this happened to you, Nell. You deserve so much better than that idiot. And don't you worry, he will be in jail for the rest of his life. We were able to make connections with him and the dead marine." Callen explained.