18. Falling for him

After going to Jacks house to train a while back we have now made it a permanent thing. We train every Tuesday night together after school. Although sometimes one of us would cancel because homework got too much! We were in year eleven and GCSEs were right around the corner.

I was really worried about the exams, they depended on the college I went to. I know that Jack was quite worried about them to. He wasn't one of those guys who didn't care about his grades, in fact he took it quite seriously. He made sure that all homework and coursework was in on time, he had everything he needed and that he was staying on top of his work.

Ever since Jack and I began training together I have developed a like towards him. And I think that that like was passing the friendship stage!

I felt like I had known him for ages and I generally thought that he was the one. We spent more and more time together and as this happened we went to different places together and shared experiences together.

And then one day he asked me.... "Vanessa would you like to go on a date with me. I could take you to Franklins!"

He had only just asked me to the poshest restaurant in the country and more importantly on a date.

He asked me as he walked me back to my house after training. It was quite romantic as the sunset was behind us and was a red/purpley colour, it was beautiful!

He always walked me back after training, he insisted that a young lady should not be left alone while walking home. And so he accompanied me right to my front door. Sometimes he would even come in for a drink and talk to my Dad about sports. I think my Dad was quite fond of him which was a good start considering that he might actually be the one!

"Yes!" I replied excited, trying not to sound too desperate and quick. A shiver of excitement ran through me and lifted me.

Tom was starting his therapy and things were looking very good for him. Then there was me who was getting a love life! Which was unheard of for me to have time to myself to focus on my life.

Did this mean that a felt the same way about me? I didn't know but I was going find out own way or another!

Hope that you are all enjoying the book so far and I'm not boring you all! I really hope to get this book to 1000 reads (hopefully) by the summer! I hope you can help me achieve this, thanks again

@libby201001