"Awh, thanks guys," she said bashfully and hugged Brooklyn's grandpa Raphael and he kissed her on the cheek.

"I haven't seen you since you were fifteen!" He said and laughed a big Father Christmas laugh.

A little white-blonde girl with tanned skin ran past grandpa Raphael, nearly having him trip, but Angel caught him. "Damnit, these kids will be the death of me!" He said jokingly and the little girl smiled up at Angel. She was probably about five years old.

"Hello there," Angel said, sitting on her haunches and smiling at the girl. "I'm Angel."

The little girl grabbed Brooklyn's leg next to her and dug her face into it, smiling a shy smile, her white-blonde hair falling over her tiny face.

"She doesn't quite understand English yet," Brooklyn said, stroking her hair and whispering to her in Italian.

Angel saw more children, about five of them between nine and fourteen running around on the grass or sitting on a hammock swinging in a tree on the grass close to a big dining room table on the porch, set with about eighteen places. And that was only the adult table.

"Brooklyn, Angel," Aunty Maria said and Angel looked back at her along with Brooklyn. A tall man in khaki pants and a simple white t-shirt came forward. He was probably about fifty five, considering the slight grey in his hair, but he was not as chubby as Angel's father was. "This is John," she gestured and he held out a hand for both of them to shake.

"Pleasure to meet you," he said in a British accent.

Oh, so this must be Aunty Maria's new husband, Angel thought.

"Come in, come in!" One of Brooklyn's many aunts ordered us in the house and Angel shared an appreciative glance with Brooklyn before heading inside.

They entered in a massive kitchen with a domestic worker washing dishes at the packed sink and she smiled at them as they entered. There was a pizza oven to Angel's right as well as a bunch of spice racks along the walls of the kitchen. It smelled heavenly of all different cooked meals. Angel had a feeling that she was going to eat well that night.

"Your room is this way," the maid smiled and Angel followed her through the house, eyeing the different paintings and big television in the living room. They entered a hallway filled with millions of doors and it felt like Angel was in some kind of video game. It felt like they were walking for quite a while, but they eventually reached the last door and she followed her in, Brooklyn behind her with her bags. The room had a double bed with a maroon spread and pillows on top. She smiled at the Persian carpet and the small cupboard to her right. The room smelt of jasmine and Angel placed her luggage on the ground. "This is really nice," she said, before following Brooklyn back outside.

"You didn't tell us how beautiful she was," one of his aunts grinned over at Brooklyn when the two moved through the kitchen again. Angel blushed once again and followed Brooklyn outside. He took her hand and Angel felt her heart contract and her face growing pinker. It felt warm and comforting, unlike the forcefulness of when Matt took her hand.

"Tell us how university is going," Aunty Maria said as Angel sat down on a chair on the stoop, starring at the vines creeping up and down the side of the house. She nodded her head. "Well," she started, licking her lips. "I've been passing, barely," she said with a laugh and the rest around her chuckled as well. "Law is quite complicated."

John nodded his head. "I would imagine," she said, lacing his fingers with Aunty Maria's. "But people with strong opinions are able to do it."

Angel gave a small smile and the little girl with white blonde hair came skipping by in her cupcake, purple dress. Catania was her name. She handed Angel a daisy and Angel beamed down at her. "Graci, Catania," she said. Angel always wanted children and seeing this precious girl skipping back to go play with her cousins, reminded Angel about that again. She immediately thought of Brooklyn, but shook her head again. What about Matt? She felt her head hurt and tried to brush it aside.

"Angel? Angel!"

Angel turned around to see Brooklyn's brother, Edwin, run towards her from where he dropped his bike on the porch, a full blown grin on his now matured face. Angel stood up, grinning back at him. Edwin was tall now, nearly as tall as his brother and had the same dark features as him as well. He came closer and flung his arms around her. Angel felt how strong he's gotten and smelt his his Calvin Klein cologne. They pulled back. "Edwin!" Angel said, her hands on his shoulders. "I haven't seen you since you were fifteen! Look how hot you got!" She said and the family along with him laughed. "Not that you weren't before," she said, adding a wink.

"And you look just as sexy as ever," he said and the two chuckled.

"Well," Grandpa Raphael said from where he sat at the table. "Aren't we all just a bunch of models."

"I see where you boys get your wit from," Aunty Maria added, glancing over at Grandpa Raphael.

Angel looked at all these people, grins spread wide on their faces and felt herself burst into tears.

"What's wrong, Angel?" Edwin asked concernedly and Brooklyn had the same expression on his face along with everyone else.

Angel wiped at her face and snuffed, planting a smile on her face. "Oh no," she said and gave a small laugh. "It's just," she sniffed, "I'm happy to be here." And I envy you all at the moment she thought.

Aunty Maria rubbed her back and sat her down on the chair. "Well, I'm glad you're happy," she said.

Angel racked a small sob before grabbing a tissue from a thirteen year old girl handing it to her with a worried face. "Sorry for being so emotional," she said to everyone.

"You're not pregnant, are you?" Edwin asked and Brooklyn's attention moved to Angel's face.

Angel let out a snort. "No, Edwin!" She chuckled.

Edwin sat down next to her and leaned back in his chair. "Just making sure."

Angel wiped away at her face and smirked at Edwin. "So," she wiggled her eyebrows. "Tell me about this girlfriend of yours."

Edwin blushed immediately, but tried to play it off with a casual shrug. "What do you want to know," he said, smirking.

Brooklyn snorted. "What you two've been doing in your room the last time I came by at dad's house."

Edwin opened his mouth and gaped like a fish. "I- I uh," he said and Angel held her hand in front of her mouth, trying not to burst out laughing.

A cars honk sounded and everyone looked up. A black Mercedes, just like Brooklyn's, flashed its headlights before stopping. Everyone jumped up and moved closer to the car, waving.

"Saved by the honk," Brooklyn smirked and Edwin let out a sigh of relief. The three of them got up with the rest and moved to the car. Must be another relative Angel thought. The car door opened and out stepped a man with tousled blonde-white hair in a smart suite. Angel frowned at the familiarity of the body shape and felt her breath catch in her throat when he turned. She stared into those mesmerizing vibrant blue eyes and felt her body going rigid. Those eyes seemed to put her in a trance, just like it did two years ago. Those eyes locked with hers and he seemed to freeze in a place along with her.

"Angel," Brooklyn said, his hands in his pocket and dark hair swaying in the cool breeze. "You remember my cousin Brad, right?"

Angel gulped, she didn't know if her face looked as on fire as it felt. "I believe so," she finally breathed out.

☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️

Hey readers! So, I haven't written in quite a while, but holidays are coming up and I'm going to Malaysia and Singapore for a sports tour, so I'll probably have time on the plane!

What do you think? Brad is back!😱

Comment, vote and read on! :)
Kisses
Cat😽