Chapter 2

I stood there staring in space for a few seconds. I think he just tried to play me on the low, I really don’t know yet. I shrugged it off and headed upstairs to my room. After shutting and locking my door, I hopped on my bed and grabbed my laptop. Haven’t been on Facebook in a while so let’s see what’s up. I logged in and saw it had 34 Friend Requests (Strangers), 25 Messages (Niggas Just Being Thirsty) & a ton of notifications. Since it was nothing really on their but drama, I logged off. Next up was Twitter.I logged in and saw it was jumping. I had 234 new followers, after giving them S/O’s I just scrolled down and saw what was up.

@StandinqOut Just Got In da Crib From School #Tired.

        When I tweeted that I saw I had an interaction.

@JayMoney Had fun in the kitchen with @StandinqOut

@StandinqOut You Is Really Annoying! -__-

@JayMoney Yea that’s what they all say in the beginning. ;-)

@StandinqOut I DON’T LIKE YOU!

@JayMoney Yea I know you love me #Saynomo

        When he said that I didn’t even want to say no more. I shook my head and just closed my laptop. I looked around in my room and saw it was really messy. I turned up my box with my IPod on it and banged some music as I was cleaning.

*

        After cleaning what feel like decades, I was finally done. It was a knock on the door & in came Red. He stood over me, not saying anything. I looked at him like what do you want?

“What?”

“What you finnah do?”

“I don’t know.” I shrugged. “Why?”

“Cause we was finnah leave.”

“Who?”

“We all including Masha.”

“Okay.” I nodded.

“Jay staying with you.” He informed.

“WHAT?” I yelled. “I’m 17 I can stay here by myself.”

“Naw he can stay here with you.” He said, walking downstairs.

“Masha.” I looked at her. “I can stay here by myself.”

“Naw Brittney not tonight.” She shook her head.

“What you mean?” I asked.

“Just trust me on this one.” She begged. “We’ll be back before 12.”

“Okay.” I yelled.

        They walked out the door; I locked it and walked in the kitchen. I’m hungry. All they cleaning took all my little energy. I went in and looked around. I saw Masha had made some meatloaf but I didn’t want any of that tonight. I moved all the food over and saw some cookies. I took them out and popped them in the oven. I set the timer and walked in the living room. I heard some feet coming downstairs, so I knew it was him. He walked in and saw at the end of the couch I was on. He was just staring at me.

“What?” I asked, still looking at the TV.

“I was just wondering why you don’t like me.”

“As what?”

“You know a boyfriend.” He whispered. “I mean we practically grew up together.”

“I know and I saw how you treat other girls, I don’t want to be in that boat.”

“Burt I won’t put you in that boat.” He grabbed my hand. “I promise.”

“Yeah whatever.” I shook my head.

        There was a knock on the door, I jogged to the door and there was Ari, she walked in and hugged me. I looked over her shoulder and Ced was smiling. They walked in and sat on the couch with Jay. Ari stood next to me and smiled. Then Red Nose played, Ari screamed and grabbed me.

“Come on Ced.” She giggled. “Jay you got Brittney.”

        They stood up and the beat started to play. Jay grabbed my waist and I dipped. Ari went a little lower then she should, to twerk. We couldn’t help but to laugh. Then I heard the timer go off. I ran in the kitchen and grabbed the cookies out. They looked so good; I sat on the stove to let them cool. I heard laughing so I know they were coming in here. Jay stood behind me with his hands on my waist, I pushed him back with my but and he groaned.

“So Brittney what’s up for this weekend?” Ari asked.

“Ummm I don’t know you know Justin is throwing that party for the weekend.” I said, sliding the cookies on a plate.

“You going?” Jay asked.

“I don’t know.” I shrugged. “I might.”

“Well if you go you know I gotta come through.” Ced smiled.

“You really don’t.” I giggled.

“I really do.” He smirked.

“Ayy did you do that history assignment?” I asked.

“Naw.” They all agreed.

“I need to do it.” I sigh.

“When is it due?” Jay asked.

“Tomorrow.”

“What is it?” he asked.

“A research paper on the Civil war.” I sigh. “Worth half of our grade.”

“Okay.” He nodded.

        I looked at him and shook my head. We walked back in the living room and sat down watching TV. I looked at the clock and saw it was 10:32. I’m wondering is Ari & Ced spending a night. I looked back at the TV, but Jay caught my attention. He was lying on my legs; he was hugging them kinda tight. I know he not sleep, so I just laid there. Right on cue, there was a knock on the door. Before I could get up, Jay beat me to it. I heard everybody walking in and smiling.

“Yeah if I could I would go back.” Aaron sighs. “Hey yall.”

“Hey.” We all waved.

“Alright Brittney if you having a sleepover Ari sleeping in your bed while the boys take the living room.” Masha sigh. “I’m really tired; I’m going to sleep early.”

“Good night.” We all say.

“Jay you going or staying?” Rico asked.

“Both of yall should stay.” Red offered. “We can go in the basement.”

“Okay.” They agreed.

“Come on Ari.” I yawned.

        We all looked and saw she was sleep, cold. I shook my head and walked over to her.

“Ced can you carry her?” I asked.

“Sure.”

        He picked her up and I followed him to my room. He laid her on the bed and walked out. I looked at her and sighed. I grabbed some shorts and a beater. I changed her and trust me I will not do that again. After getting her under the covers, I was finally able to lay down myself. Before I knew it, I was soon drifted in a deep sleep.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's Ma Real Twitter