Thirty Four

~Frank's POV~

I had done my research, while also considering how to bring it up to Gerard. I was honestly so unsure of what Gerard would say. He was so accustomed to how his world worked...

I had to at least ask...

But even then, there was the trouble of finding a way to pay for it... I knew I had some money saved, but probably nowhere near enough.

I loved Gerard, though, I really had to at least try.

~Gerard's POV~

I tapped my foot against Frank's leg while he slept with his arm protectively around me. I was feeling more restless than tired.

I had just turned in one of my small sculptures for a grade, and Mr. Armstrong had given me an A for it.

"Excuse my pun, but you really have an eye for this stuff." He had laughed after I passed it in.

I was elated by the review. It had just made me so happy for the rest of the day, but now I was stuck unable to sleep...

Frank let out a soft snore from behind me, tightening his grip on me slightly. I let out a laugh, bringing my hand up my torso to hold over his. I loved him so much...

We had fallen into a new routine of watching (well, listening for me) movies or listening to music after our classes had ended for the day. We would go to either his dorm or mine and Mikey's, usually falling asleep there as well. Only on rare occasions would Frank bid me farewell and retreat to his own room.

I liked being next to him. He was always touching me in some way, whether it be having his arm around me or simply running fingers through my hair. He always let me know he was there, even in silence.

I closed my eyes, trying to just picture his face. I had traced my hands over it multiple times, always earning giggles from Frank. I could picture the structure just as I could a piece of clay I would sculp. His hair was just recently buzzed at the sides, leaving the top of his hair slightly longer. I smiled at his excited mention of 'I just put red in it... It reminds me of you, even though you're blue.'

"My red..." I mumbled quietly, finally beginning to feel tired.

It was funny to call him red. It was just so accurate, seeing as he always brought the image of a colorful sunset to mind. It was always warm and colorful.

I was blue. I guess it fit me, since there were times the darkness around me really made me feel isolated... But that was more during elementary and high school. When kids would ridicule or simply ignore the weird blind kid.

I was alone.

Sure, I had mom and Mikey, but they had their own priorities. Mom had to support us on her own and Mikey was trying to live his own life without being tied to me.

Then I found (well, kicked, hehe) Frank. Our paths kept crossing and now here we were. I smiled just thinking about it.

I wasn't alone.

I had Frank. There was no way I wanted to let him go again. He was just perfect in my heart. Even when I over reacted or he messed up, it didn't matter. Imperfections make us perfect.

"I love you, Frankie..." I sighed, squeezing his hand that was held in mine.

---

"Gerard, stop poking my boyfriend."

"Well damn it, Mikes, he's poking me too and Frank is still on the phone!"

I poked Pete, who was sitting next to me, in defiance. Frank had come over earlier, but had left to take a phone call in the hall. I was left with Mikey and Pete, who had come over just after Frank.