Four

~Franks's POV~

I looked at Gerard and smiled. He had a smile on his face as well.

"So what are you?" I asked once we finally released hands. I was a bit reluctant to let go...

"I'm blind."

"I meant what grade! Or year? I don't know how college works." I laughed.

"I'm in my second year." Gerard nodded, "Going for something in art, despite the irony."

"Art? Rad. Are you going for the classier shit or cartoony?"

"I like comic books. My brother always read them to me. If I can't draw them, hey, maybe I can write them."

"That's rad." I grinned. Gerard was real optimistic, even with his setback. It just made me want to smile.

"What about you Frankie boy?" Gerard asked. He propped his arm up on the table and leaned on his hand, tilting his head at me.

"Frankie boy?" I laughed.

"Yes, I like it. You sound like a Frankie." Gerard insisted.

"Fair 'nough." I shrugged, "I'll take your word haha. I'm in my first year for something to do with music."

"Do you sing?"

"A bit, but I prefer more guitar."

"You'd like my brother, he plays bass. Different from guitar, I know but music!" Gerard smiled again.

His smile pushed up his sunglasses on his face. It made me smile and laugh lightly.

"Sounds rad...Do you play any music?" I asked.

"I sing sometimes." Gerard shrugged.

"Sounds cool." I smiled, "We should definitely hang out and maybe jam sometime. My room mate plays too."

"That sounds awesome!" Gerard perked up.

We talked about music and school, just trying to get to know each other. I was really enjoying it.

"Gerard! Sorry bro, I got distracted by a really hot guy-oh hi." The blond guy that had taken Gerard away on our first meeting had walked up, but stopped short when he saw Gerard and I talking.

"It's cool! Mikey, this is Frank." Gerard spoke, never turning around to face his brother (not that it would matter I suppose) and gestured in my general direction.

Mikey smiled, reaching out his hand to me. "S'up?"

"Hi." I smiled back, shaking his hand.

"Nice of you to chill with the blind Way, but we've gotta get back to the dorm." Mikey patted Gerard's shoulder.

Gerard frowned, his glasses slipping back down on his face. "Do we really mom?" He asked in a voice with just a hint of irritation.

"It's late anyway, I should find Ray..." I said, reluctantly standing. I reached over and patted Gerard's arm. "Real nice to meet you Gerard." I smiled before I remembered he couldn't see it anyway...

"Glad to meet you without assaulting you first." Gerard smirked.

"Later dude." I laughed. I nodded to Mikey with a wave. He smiled and waved back. He grabbed Gerard's arm and held it as Gerard got up. He then helped lead Gerard to the library's exit.

I smiled after them, restraining myself greatly from looking down at Gerard's lower back...

I shook my head and began wandering the library isles for Ray. I found him at the end of one of the last rows, slumped against the shelf full of books, snoring lightly. I laughed and leaned down to tap the side of his cheek.