Thirty One

~Gerard's POV~

It hurt more than I could ever imagine to listen to Frank plead through the door. He begged for forgiveness, he swore to leave the alcohol behind, and I even heard him sniffle back tears... I just couldn't bring myself to reopen the door. It hurt to know he had actually forgotten about me to be with a girl. This kind of hurt doesn't go away in a few sentences...

I shut my eyes tightly as I felt my way back to my bed. I couldn't let myself fall apart over this... But I should. Frank made me so happy. He lead me through my insecurities. I felt so many things that it was hard to deny that I loved him...

I finally made it back over to my bed, climbing on and curling into a ball. I could feel warm tears rolling down my face, but I didn't bother to wipe them away. I had to let my emotions out somehow... This was better than screaming, I guessed...

---

The next few days went by like a blur. I did my classes wordlessly, simply recording the lessons and shaping clay aimlessly. My inspiration just wasn't there. I couldn't feel my passion through my hurt.

Frank had tried to message me, but I didn't have siri read them.

Frank had tried to come to mine & Mikey's room, but neither of us answered.

I was already forced to deal with what I was feeling, and I needed time for that without him.

"Mikey, I don't need human interaction, let me be a hermit." I complained as he pushed my shoes onto my feet.

"You've only left the room for classes, Gerard." Mikey argued as the sound of him lacing my shoes could be heard, "It's been a week. I know it hurts but you can't let it keep you inside."

"Yes I can, but you won't let me." I argued, crossing my arms.

"You sound like a child."

"I'm a child at heart."

"Gerard!" Mikey sounded irritated, "The other day I could hear you mumble about how you wished you could have a coffee, so I'm taking you to the coffee house."

I kept my mouth shut. That just made me think of Frank. He first took me there. That was just before I showed him...

"Up and at 'em!" Mikey groaned, grabbing my arms and pulling me up to my feet. "Look alive."

"I can't. I don't know what that looks like."

"Fuck sakes..."

I let a small smile creep onto my lips as Mikey pulled me out of the room. He handed me my cane and I let it loosely trail over the ground as he directed me. It didn't take long until we were walking outside, our footsteps a dull thud against the cement.

"Was it so bad to come outside?" Mikey asked me.

"Yes, because it's not inside."

"Like you can see the difference!"

"I can feel the difference, you rude little brother."

"If I didn't say it, you'd know something was wrong." He laughed.

I would of rolled my eyes if it would have made a difference. It did make me feel a bit better to have that back and forth, though. I hadn't really spoken in this past week. This was one of the longest conversations that I had been apart of since then.

Mikey's footsteps became irregular for a moment before I heard the small bell and creak of the coffee shop door.

"I'll meet you here in a bit, Gerard, I've got to go meet someone."