Thirty Three

A/N~ so I think I know how I want to end this fic, meaning there will be a few more chapters to come (yay!)

Also, I was wondering your guys' opinion on maybe doing a character ask? Maybe not, but it's a fun interaction that I've used before and seen other authors use. It would be right before the end if enough people are down. ╮(─▽─)╭

Okay, back to the fic!

~Skittles Out~

~Frank's POV~

For about a week, our relationship was a lot of hand holding and cuddling while a movie played on my laptop. It wasn't until a Friday night that Mikey had left the room with Pete that we really got back into the swing of things. It felt normal again, which was such a relief. I never wanted anything like that week of hell again...

Currently, Gerard was sleeping in tangled sheets beside me while I skimmed over various websites on my computer. Gerard didn't know, but even during some of the movies we watched, I did it.

I wanted what I was looking up to be a surprise, if it was even possible. It was something I hoped he would love...

"Frank?.. Why'd the movie stop?.." Gerard mumbled from next to me. His face scrunched as he fidgeted slightly.

I reached over and entangled my fingers in his hair. "Sshhh... It ended, baby. Want me to put something else on?" I asked softly.

Gerard mumbled a soft 'mmhmm', making me laugh softly. I leaned over and kissed his head.

"On it, Gee." I nodded, opening a new window on the computer. I decided to go to YouTube rather than Netflix, so that I could put on some music.

"Give me a song title, baby."

"Hhmmm..." Gerard bit his lip lightly, "I'm not too picky... Maybe just some good vibes?.."

I nodded, continuing to move my fingers through his hair. I had a song in mind to play for him... I searched it quickly, clicking the acoustic version that popped up.

Gerard smiled through his closed eyes. I knew he recognized the song. I waited for the words to begin and began to sing along.

"And I'd give up forever to touch you...

Cuz I know that you feel me somehow..."

"It's one of the only ways I know you..." Gerard hummed lightly, the small smile still on his face.

I just giggled, clicking back to the tab I was using for research before continuing.

"You're the closest to heaven, that I'll ever be

And I don't wanna go home right now..."

"All I can taste is this moment..." Gerard took over softly, "and all I can breathe is your life..."

I smiled at Gerard as I listened to him sing. His voice was such a soothing sound. It was also a distraction I could never get enough of. I pushed my laptop to the side and just watched Gerard's lips move as he sang.

"I don't want the world to see me, not that I could see them but, I don't think that they'd understand..." When Gerard spoke between verses, it was extremely fast to keep pace with the song. I couldn't hold back the smile on my face. The more he sang, the more his facial features twisted, softened, and just smoothly carried on.

Watching Gerard just reminded me of how much I wanted him to be able to see how happy he made me. If I could just show him... In any kind of visual way for him...

He opened his eyes slightly, exposing the milky haze that covered his iris. I wished I had been able to see that beautiful hazel in person. Photos couldn't have done them justice. Even if Gerard was ever able to see again... Would that ever come back?..

"I just want you to know who I am..." Gerard continued, his voice soft and tired. "I just want you to know who I am..."

"I know you're the only one." I commented, resting my head on the pillow next to him.

He raised an eyebrow at me. "The only what?" He asked before letting out a small yawn.

"You're the proof that love is beautiful." I shrugged, "To me, I guess. Really, you're proving how love is blind."

"Oh, haha, you're such a comedian."

"Hear me out!" I laughed, "You've said you love me, but you have no idea what I look like."

Gerard shrugged. "I have a bit of an idea." He said simply, "I've felt a lot of you... I can picture it a bit... But you're right. I don't know your tattoos, although I know you have them. I don't know the exact shade of your hair, although you say it's black. I have no idea how many hot points your lip ring adds, although I'm sure it's a lot..."

I laughed again. "You gave me a nickname like, what, just the second time we talked?"

"Cute voice so I figured cute human to match."

"You love me, even with my mistakes." I added, quietly.

Gerard frowned, reaching out and touching my nose lightly. He slid his fingers down the side of my nose so that he could hold my cheek. "Mistakes are what make us human." He said, softly. "Imperfections make you perfect in my eyes... If I could see." He cracked a small grin with his last comment, obviously feeling triumphant with that pun.

I let a breath of air out through my nose, laughing silently. "I love you for that." I said, "You are something unusual, Gerard Way. You see the sun through the dark you live in. Your hair is just the right amount of shaggy and well kept, even if you don't know it. Your eyes are like faded galaxies that always take me away when I get to see them. You simply don't realize what a beautiful person you are... I just want to do my best to show you..."

"But, you do." Gerard replied, a hint of confusion on his face. "Frank Iero, I've seen more of the world with you than I ever did with sight. You've shown me a different kind of love, a different kind of heartbreak, and a whole new perspective."

I didn't know how to reply, so I just leaned over and kissed him. His hand that was on my cheek slipped to the back of my neck, pulling me closer to him.

I couldn't put into words what I was feeling, so I hoped he understood through this. If my plan could actually work, hopefully there'd be another way I could display my affection to him...