Chapter 24

This is the last chapter before the epilogue so I just want to say thank you all for reading and supporting this book and there will be more to come. Enjoy.

Ethan's POV

I sat on the park bench shaking a bit since I was so nervous. I felt like I was going to have an anxiety attack but tried to prevent that by breathing steady. This was going to be hard and I didn't want to break any hearts but I had to.

"Ethan?" I heard Dean's voice call.

"Over here!" I said.

He rushed over and greeted me with a kiss. "Hey, darling. What are you doing out here?"

"I need to talk to you." I said and took his hand in mine.

"Good, I need to talk to you."

"Okay, you first then.

Dean sighed. "I know this is going to sound crazy and that we've only been together for about a month but that doesn't matter. I love you, Ethan and I want you to rule with me. So will you do me the honor of marrying me?"

I froze. Marriage? We had only been together for a month! I couldn't believe he wanted to marry me already!

"Dean, I can't. I mean, you're a prince and I'm just a peasant." I said sheepishly.

"But you're not. You're family has royal blood in it so we can marry."

"I'm sorry, Dean, but I can't." I said and gave him a sad smile. "But the truth is, I can't marry you or pursue a relationship with you anymore. It's like we're stranger. And I would rather fall in love with my best friend than a complete stranger. I'm sorry."

"Ethan!" Jay called and rushed over, completely out of breath. "W-what's going on?"

"I'm following my heart. And my heart says that I can't rule. So I'm just going to go back to being a nobody again like I was before. I'm sorry, Dean, I really am. But I know you'll find someone amazing." I said.

"I understand. Thank you for telling me. I wish you the best." Dean kissed my cheek and then got up, leaving to go back to his royal life.

"You broke up with him. Why?" Jay asked me.

"Because I don't want royalty or money. I want genuine, true, love. And I can tell by the look that's been in your eyes since day one that you can be the one to give that to me." I smiled.

"Really? You're giving me a chance?"

"As long as you don't screw it up, dumbass." I smiled, standing and wrapping my arms around him.

"So, are you like... not over him? Or can I kiss you now?"

I leaned up and pressed my lips to Jay's, feeling the spark that I had been longing the whole time. Finally, I was falling in love with the right guy.