Chapter 8

Dean's POV

I walked downstairs after getting dressed and noticed Jonah pigging out in the dining room. For someone so skinny, he sure liked to eat.

"Morning." I smiled and took the seat next to him.

"You don't know how much I missed your butler's cooking." He said and shoved another piece of bacon in his mouth.

"What are you going to do today while I'm gone?"

"Dunno. I'll probably just play Call of Duty on your Xbox."

"I wouldn't expect any less." I said and put some bacon on my plate. "So when are your parents coming back? Mother and Father have been dying to see them."

Jonah sighed. "They aren't coming."

"What do you mean?"

"Well, they didn't exactly drop me off here."

"How did you get here then?"

"I kind of ran away."

"You ran away!?"

"Keep your voice down!"

"Why on earth would you run away?"

"Because they were arranging for me to be married too." He poked at his food with his fork. "And to be honest, I'm not into girls. I'm gay."

"Oh. Well, that's perfectly fine and I accept you, mate. But you didn't have to run away. I'm sure if you told your parents how you feel, they'll understand."

"I did tell them. And they didn't take it well." Jonah looked up at me. "Please, you can't tell them. I can't go back home."

"I won't. But we still need to figure this out. I have to get to school but I'll see you later."

I grabbed my bag and got into the car, letting out a heavy sigh. Why couldn't they just accept their son? The whole reason for being a parent is having a child to give unconditional love. They were supposed to be doing that.

Walking into school, I looked around and eventually spotted Jay and Ethan walking into the art room. I followed them in and was amazed at what I saw. Ethan held up a painting of Jay with different shades of blue for his hair.

"Wow, that's incredible." I said, making their heads turn.

Ethan put the painting down on the easel and covered it. "You weren't supposed to see that."

"You're an amazing artist though. You should apply for a contest or something."

"Please, I'm no better than the next guy who likes to paint."

"Eth is a stubborn arse and refuses to believe he's gifted. That's why he doesn't take compliments." Jay explained.

"Shut up." Ethan muttered.

"Well, you're great at what you do. And I'd love to see more of your work." I smiled and walked off to class.

.     .     .

"Ugh, my head." Jay groaned as he sat down at the lunch table.

"Something wrong?" I asked.

"Jay had a few too many drinks and he's a bit hungover if you didn't notice before." Ethan explained and sat down.

"I hate to say it, but my mother was right." The boy with the blue hair sighed and put his head down.

Ethan looked at me and seemed as if he was debating to do something. "Dean, can you help me with something?"

"Of course." I got up and followed him.

Ethan led me to the art room which further increased my curiosity. What was he doing?

"Look, I never do this. Not even for Jay. But you seem nice and trustable. Plus I really need to stop being so shy and private." He sighed and took out a stack of canvases.

I looked through them and was even more astounded than I was before. Each was a portrait of one of our classmates and had vibrant colors mixed in. They were all great and worthy of being in an art museum.

"This is... just wow. You're really talented, Ethan." I said.

"Would you mind if I did one of you?" He asked.

"Not at all."

He smiled. "Thanks."

"Can I ask you something?"

"Sure."

"Are you and Jay... dating?" I asked.

"Oh, no. Hell no. Jay is straighter than a pole and I am as gay as a rainbow. Plus he's my best friend and I would never want to ruin what we have."

"That's great." I smiled.

Ethan looked at me with dazzling eyes and moved closer to me. At first I didn't know what was happening but then he pressed his lips to mine.

I didn't pull away at first because in a way, I liked the warmth of his soft lips on mine. Then I realized that I was kissing another boy. And my heart started racing.