Chapter 16

Ethan's POV

"Jay, I'm fine." I told my friend for the millionth time but he still held onto my arm anything.

It had been a couple weeks and my head had healed well. I hadn't had many visitors besides Jay, his family and Noah so I was excited to get back out into the world and see people. Oh wait, I hate everyone. Right.

Jay had been watching me like a hawk ever since I stepped out of my room to be discharged and had to hold my arm so I wouldn't fall. He had never been so overprotective like this. I knew he was my friend and all but he didn't need to treat me like I was a hyper little kid.

"Thanks for doing this, Jay." I smiled at him as we got settled in the car.

"It's no problem." He said with a straight face.

He was never so serious either. He was always goofy and pulled pranks on people but now it was like he put that all aside. I missed the old Jay.

I let out a loud yawn and my eyelids started to become heavy. I had barely slept in the time I was in the hospital and couldn't wait to be in my own bed. At that point I was basically asleep so my head rested on the nearest thing; Jay's shoulder.

At the time I didn't notice it but Jay had put his arms around me and lay down so that I was basically on top of him with my head resting on his warm chest. Dammit, he was so comfortable.

"Ethan, there's something I have to tell you." Jay said quietly so his mom who was driving wouldn't hear us.

"Mmm." I hummed and leaned into his touch since he was running his fingers through my hair.

"I think I'm in lo-"

But it was too late. I had already drifted off into sweet slumber.