Chapter 20

Ethan's POV

I walked into school with a tired sigh since I was half asleep. Staying up all night to talk to Dean was probably a bad idea but oops. A hot prince wanted to talk to me, what was I supposed to do? Ignore him and get eight ours of sleep?

After putting my new canvas in the art room, I went to go look for Jay. What I found wasn't my best friend.

It was Jay... but his hair was brown instead of blue. He had dyed it back to his natural color.

"What? Why? Jay Mason Tambione, what the fuck did you do?" I asked in awe.

"I didn't do anything." My friend said and walked with me.

"But your hair..." I said and ran my fingers through the boring brownness.

"I was sick of having my hair a ridiculous color so I dyed it back."

What was wrong with him? This was the man who dyed his hair pink for Valentine's Day last year. Pink.

"Jay, what is up with you? You've been acting weird lately and you've never been like this. You can tell me what's going on."

"Nothing's going on, Ethan. I'm going to university next year and it's time I settle down and put the childish things aside. Now are you coming to class or not?" He asked.

I shook my head and watched as he walked off.

"You always skip first period." I whispered and felt a wave of sadness rush over me.

What was happening to my best friend?