Chapter 15

I'm so sorry that I haven't posted in a few days! I haven't had internet because my laptop decided to just randomly stop working. But here's another for you all!

Isabela

Dean's POV

"Everything okay?" Mother asked as I walked back into the palace.

"Just fine." I replied and walked over to Jonah. "Ethan's doing well."

"That's great." Jonah beamed.

"Dean, can we have a chat?" Father asked.

"Sure." I looked to Jonah. "I'll be back in a bit."

I was led into the dinning hall and sat down with my parents on both sides of me. I looked at them confused and waited for them to go on. Had they somehow found out about Ethan?

"There is a great responsibility that comes with being king. And that responsibility does not come overnight. Your mother and I have awaited this day for years and it's finally come." Father smiled. "Your wedding day."

Oh no, it was the arranged marriage.

"We've met many girls that we think would be your perfect match and we've finally picked one." Mother said.

"Don't you think I'm a bit young to marry though?" I asked.

"Well, it's tradition for the oncoming king to marry before the coronation. You have to marry, Dean."

"We would like you to meet Isabela Monacy."

A beautiful young girl with wavy red locks and green eyes with yellow specks in them. She wore a pristine dress and heels that clicked against the tile.

"It's nice to see you again, your majesties." Isabela smiled and then turned to me. "And you must be Dean."

"It's a pleasure." I said and kissed her hand like a gentleman.

At that moment, Ricardo walked in and saved me from awkwardly coming out to my parents.

"Master Dean, you have a visitor." Ricardo said.

"Right, I'll be back."

I walked over to my butler with a smile and walked out with him. Waiting in the lounge was Jay who looked like he needed to get something off his mind.

"Jay, I'm surprised you came buy." I beamed. "Would you fancy a cuppa?"

"No, thanks. I need to talk to you. Privately."

I looked to Ricardo and nodded, signaling for him to leave the room. Then I motioned for my friend to sit down and we both did.

"What do you want with Ethan?" Jay asked seriously.

"I'm guessing you're talking about the kiss." I sighed. "Yes, I want to pursue a relationship with Ethan and I solely want to care for him and love him. He's sweet but I know he's fragile. I would never want to hurt him."

"How do I say this politely?" He chuckled and then his expression turned cold. "Fuck off. Stay away from Ethan because he doesn't need you."

"Obviously he does."

"You have the one thing I can't have and that's him. I'm the only one that can protect him and I have done that. Without you out of the picture, things will be perfect again." Jay got up. "And if you do get in the way, I'll make sure that you never become king."

He walked out. But after that I was even more determined to love Ethan.