Chapter 22

Ethan's POV

I put the final few strokes to the painting and let out a sigh, deciding to quit for the day. Dean wrapped his arms around me from behind and planted a kiss on my ear.

"It's beautiful." He said in a low whisper.

"It's not finished yet and you're not supposed to be seeing it." I told him.

"I'll pretend to be surprised when you're done then."

I turned and wrapped my arms around him, grinning like an idiot. "Don't you have a butler waiting outside for you?"

"He can wait. Besides, I have to spend as much time with you as I can."

"And why's that?"

"My parents will be preparing me to become king soon."

"Right, you'll be ruling over all of our peasant asses."

"Indeed I will be."

I bit my lip and looked at him devilishly. "So, your majesty, have you ever made out with anyone?"

"I can't say I have." He grinned.

"Would you like me to be the first person you make out with?"

"Yes."

I pressed my lips to his heatedly and wrapped my arms around his neck. His hands moved down to my sides and gripped me tight as our lips moved in sinc. He was a natural at this and an extremely good kisser. I had made out with a lot of boys in my day and by far his lips were the most skilled and soft.

"Am I doing okay so far?" He stopped to ask me.

"Wonderful."

He continued, moving down to kiss my neck and collar bone. Things would have gone further if there weren't a knock on the door.

Jay stepped inside and gave us a blank expression. "Eth, let's go before Josh gets pissed at you for being late."

I let out a heavy sigh and kissed Dean goodbye. "I'll call you later."

Jay and I walked out to his car in silence. He didn't seem to be happy or showing any expression at all.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

"Fine." He said as we put our hoods up because it was raining.

"You don't seem fine." I paused. "Is it your dad again?"

Jay stopped and stared at me, now showing a bit of anger. "Don't talk about my father again. He's a bloody drunk and all he wants is money."

"Okay, I'm sorry."

"No, I don't think you are."

"Jay..."

"No, you can fucking walk home." He said, getting in his car and driving off.

.   .   .

I stood outside in the freezing rain, getting drenched as I waited for someone to answer the door. Mrs. Tambione answered looking tired with dark circles under her eyes.

"Is Jay here?" I asked.

"Mel, seu amigo e aqui!" She called up the stairs. (Honey your friend is here!)

"Sim, sim, eu estou voltando. Putsi grela." (Yes, yes, I'm coming. Fucking hell.)

"Noa use esse tom comingo." (Don't use that tone with me.)

"Sim, mama." (Yes, mom)

If your wondering how Jay and his mom speak Portuguese, Jay's grandfather moved to England from Portugal before he met the love of his life and had a family. My friend grew up speaking both English and Portuguese. In fact, he was the whole reason I wanted to learn the language.

I gave him a bitter sweet smile as he stepped up to the door. "Can we talk?"

"Depends. Are you going to start snogging with Dean in the middle of our conversation?" He asked.

"No, I promise."

He closed the front door behind him and stepped out into the rain. "What do you want?"

"I want to say I'm sorry for ignoring you. I'm just excited about having a boyfriend and being in love and that's why I've been a dick to you lately."

Jay chuckled. "You don't get it, do you?"

"Get what?"

"I'm in love with you, Ethan!"

I froze and just gazed at him for a second. "You what?"

"I LOVE YOU! I HAVE FROM DAY ONE! AND SEEING YOU WITH HIM HURTS LIKE A FUCKING BITCH!" He screamed.

"Jay, I'm so sorry. I just didn't think-"

He cut me off by cupping my cheeks and kissing my lips with passion. He really was in love with me.

"Ever since I saw you walk into my class on your first day, I knew you would be the one I would end up with. I've settled for friends for so long and I cant take it anymore. I want to be with you, Ethan."

"But you're straight."

"That was a lie. I didn't want you to think that I was hitting on you by getting close to you."

I stepped away from reach and just kept going back. "I'm sorry, but I just need time to think."

I ran away like I did with all of my problems. I couldn't handle two boys being in love with me at the same time because all my life I had been a nobody. And I just wanted to be a nobody again.