"Not talk about what happened?" Griffyn asks, looking confused. A small smile forms on his face as he laughs in disbelief.  "But why? You've finally got a new boyfriend, Carson! Shouldn't that be exciting?"

            My face must look priceless now. He thinks that Darren is my boyfriend? I want to shout out that that would never happen, but I can't. I won't. That will just lead him to ask more questions about what that date and kiss was on Friday and I don't want to have to explain everything. It'll sound unbelievably stupid. Okay, extremely, unbelievably, embarrassingly stupid.

            "Listen, Griffyn. Darren and I aren't together... anymore." I add the last word in order to avoid having to tell him the truth. The truth that involved Carolina's plan. I  have a feeling that if I'd told him about it, he'd get mad again and we'd be back to square one. It's better for him to think that we're just not together anymore. Simple as that.

            A muscle in Griff's jaw flexes as he clenches it. He reaches out and puts a hand on my shoulder. "Oh? Is there a reason I should be angry? Did he do anything to you?"

            "What? NO!" I raise up my hands as if to stop him from going anywhere. His arm falls from my shoulder and he furrows his eyebrows as if he's trying to figure out my expression. "It's nothing like that. It's... complicated." You have no idea how complicated...

            Griffyn narrows his eyes at me and I can tell he doesn't quite believe me, but he nods anyway. I sigh in relief and look away, down the empty hallway.

            "So," I start, leaning against the locker beside his.  "How is Redhead, anyway?" I can't help using the nickname. It suits her. Literally. Though, I guess it should because it is her hair color.

             Griffyn flinches when I bring the topic of Melody up. He grabs a text book from his locker as well as a large spiral notebook. "She's fine."

            I wait for him to tell me more, but that's all he says. I sigh. So much for telling your best friend everything. Even if we are different genders and I highly dislike Melody. "Look, she may not be my favorite person, but if you like her, I'll tolerate her. Because you're my best friend, Griff."

            Even though Carolina's plan didn't go exactly as, well, planned, it still ended up working in the end. Griffyn is once again my friend. That's what the plan was made for, yet, I'm still kind of disappointed Melody is still in the picture. I mean, I'm not fond of her, but there's nothing I can do about it now. If Griffyn really likes her, then I guess it doesn't matter. As long as Griff and I are friends.

            Griffyn manages a smile, shutting his locker. His eyes practically glitter as they meet mine. Apparently, Melody makes his freaking eyes glitter. "Thanks, Carson. I appreciate that. And who knows? Maybe you two will become friends."

            I snort, pushing myself off the locker I was leaning on. It's about time we be getting to class. We're definitely tardy. "Well, I don't know about that, but I can probably try not to push her down any stairs when I'm around her."

            Griffyn chuckles, shaking his head. "Of course. I should've known that's all I'd get out of you. Fair enough, though. Come sit with us at lunch, okay? You can have your seat back. I miss making fun of the way you eat like a pig."

            I gasp and punch him in the arm. "I do not eat like a pig!"

            Griffyn tilts his head back, letting out a roar of laughter. "Yeah, right! Don't lie to me Carson. I see you eat every time we have those infamous G&C Sundays. You're an animal."