Is it all over?

Kyle's P.O.V. 

Johnnie has been acting weird lately. Ever since the meet up we had with my digital escape hes been ignoring me all together. Did he already forget what I told him? Theres no way he could have. Johnnie wouldnt throw this relationship we had and still have away, not for the world. "Just one more day..." I whispered looking at my calender. The day that Johnnie goes back to the place I sent him, it would have been our 2 year anniversary. 

A single tear rolled down as I remembered all the happy times we had, and how naive I was for letting someone like Johnnie deserve my worse. In return of the year of pain I have given him, he only returned a kinder soul than mine. I shouldn't have hurt him like that, the amount of emotional scars I have given him are too much for either of us to handle.

Something didnt feel right. When I left my bed to go outside to take my mind off things I realized I was missing something.... Someone. Who was I kidding, Johnnie wasnt going to get back with me, unless I make up for it. Today is the day he was leaving to back. Might as well try.

I walked out of my building and proceeded to go to Johnnie's house. I forgot that he lived with an adopted family, but his brother is pretty cool. I cautiously knocked on the door and heard nothing. I glanced in the driveway to see if their parents were home, nothing. I slowly opened the door only to hear glass shards scraping against the floor on the other side. "Oh shit..." I whispered. I stepped over the glass and made my way through the house. Ive been here so many times I knew every room. I stopped in my tracks when I heard footsteps coming from the attic. Who could possibly be up there? I questioned. I let curiousity get the best of me.

I climb the ladder to the attics hatch and opened it slightly to see something extremely heartbreaking. In the corner I saw Johnnie sitting there with a bag of clothes, a note card, his phone, and a blade. His eyes were red and his sleeves were stained in blood. I fully opened the hatch and walked over to him. I wrapped my arms around him causing him to jump and start shaking. He relaxed slightly when he realized. 

"K-Kyle..." Johnnie stuttered out. I didnt say anything, seeing him like this only wanted to make me love him more. 

He put down the blade and rolled down his sleeves. I turned him to face me wiping the blood stained tears from his eyes. "I-Im sorry.... this cant happen." Johnnie said while looking at me. "What cant happen?" I questioned, oddly terrified. Was he breaking things off with me?

He broke my gaze and walked over to get his bag and opened the hatch door. "See you later Hall." Johnnie said. I ran over to him and stopped him half way down the ladder. "What do you mean Johnnie?! You cant go back there, why not send me in your place. Its what I deserve not you. It breaks my heart to see you like this. You may not think that based on what happened. I cant lose you Johnnie..." I choked out. Johnnie looked back only to reply with a slight smile "I cant lose you either..." He said walking down and into the main hall. What was he thinking? 

I climbed down to the main hall to be confronted by Johnnie, Kellin, and Vic. All of them looked scared to all hell, especially Vic and I. Vic held Kellin close to him as Kellin cried into his neck. Johnnie kept his eyes locked with mine. He reached out his arms and I ran into them. "Kohnnie forever?" He whispered, tilting my head to face him. "Kohnnie forever." He pulled back to kiss me. There was something different though, the feeling was mixed between 'I still love you and goodbye' Johnnie pulled away sooner than I wanted. 

"I hope you'll be okay without me.." Johnnie whispered. I nodded not afraid that the tears were falling from my face. He smiled a genuine smile and took my hand and lead me out of the house. 

Kellin locked the house and walked back to Vic "So I guess this is goodbye.. at least for a while." Kellin and Johnnie said together. "It doesnt have to be goodbye." Vic said. "There can still be an us..." He said on the verge of tears. Kellin answered with a smile. I locked eyes with Johnnie again and no words were spoken, no words were needed. 

I held up half of a heart and Johnnie did the same to connect it. 

"Stay happy not crappy." Johnnie said, causing a slight laughter. "Lifes a bitch, dont quit." I replied. "And peace out my thug pug." We said together as I pulled him in for one more hug. 

Johnnie and Kellin walked over to the car and waved Vic and I off before departing. I looked at Vic and  he couldn't handle Kellin being gone, just like I couldnt handle Johnnie being gone.

Today was the day my heart broke in so many ways.