Chapter 10 - Never be that Girl

Woah..it's Chapter-10 already. Who knew this story will get this far?  I hope you all are enjoying this one. Thanks to whoever is spending their time reading this book. Really means a lot to me! Happy Reading :)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--Never be that Girl --

I woke up, still feeling oddly tired. My surroundings were unfamiliar but then again, I was in Diego's guestroom. There was no way I can forget what happened yesterday. I remember every detail vividly. I would have appreciated that momentary memory loss those girls in chick-flicks suffer from, because all the memories of the previous day were starting to give me a headache.

I threw the blankets off of me and stood up, feeling slightly dizzy. I took in my surroundings. This room was a deep, rich shade of Violet. And of course, very classy and royal like rest of the penthouse. This room is so elegant..is it normal to feel jealous of a room?

This doesn't even look like a guest room, anyone can mistake it for a suite or something. This room gives me a strong Spanish architectural vibe mixed with New York's modern charm. 

Though I would love to admire this room and the tastefully chosen furniture all day long, I can't. I might as well ask, Diego who the interior designer behind this room and the whole place is. Because whoever they're, their artistry and talent just can't be denied.

But, first I have to eat something. Because eating before anything else. 

I was standing in the middle of the room, not knowing exactly what to do. Barging into Diego's kitchen and raiding his food will not be the best thing to do. Maybe, I should inform him? But I don't want to see his face in the morning.

I looked at the clock and it was 1:25 p.m. Shoot! It's definitely not morning. But either way, even in the afternoon, I don't want to see Diego's face first. I closed my eyes, took a deep breath and started walk out of the room.

This situation was awkward. I don't want to really face Diego right now because there will be questions and their answers, which I won't like. But it was Diego's house so I can't completely ignore him, no matter how big it was.

And my hesitation will not let me just barge into his kitchen and grab something to eat without his permission.

Ironic, right?

A few hours ago I was being nosy and fiddling with his drawers but that was a phase which passed. His penthouse reminded me so much of my own home and with it somehow memories I was trying to block out were resurfacing again. It was a bitter-sweet experience really.  

I walked into his living room and then the dining area which was connected with a very modern modular kitchen, not like I care. My cooking skills are as good as my skills at driving i.e. Non- existent. There is a reason why more than half of my salary is spent on takeaways, after all.

Surprisingly, Diego was already sitting at the dinning table doing something on his phone. He looked fresh and his hair were just perfect amount of messy. He had a light stubble which only made him look more rugged. His eyes held a strange light though, they were not their usual bright green rather a kind of dull forest green. He was in his business suit and I am never going to admit how handsome he looked because he doesn't.

"You're up?" He asked, sparing me a glance and then went back to whatever he was doing on his phone. 

"Yeah..you got a nice room in there. " I said, not knowing what else to say. Things with Diego has always been...well, complicated.