Chapter 3 - Sole Owner

-- Sole Owner--

*Flashback*

"You will be the sole owner of this empire now." My mother said, more like gritted through her clenched teeth, and begrudgingly, if I may add. 

He without saying a word, signed the documents. And in that moment a devil was born.

~~***~~

*Present Time*

"You look troubled, dulzura." 

His voice sent shivers down my spine. There was no concern in his tone. If anything, it sounds more like he was mocking me. I have no doubt in my mind, he recognized me. Question is, how long will he pretend to not know me? In my opinion, the longer the better. 

If possible I would like to think that he didn't recognize me at all. But, that would be pushing my luck. Hell! I am ready to push my luck. I can't have him recognizing me.

Just a single sentence from him, brought back the haunted memories I've been trying to ignore for past 5 years. Why was he back in my life?  

Well, only time can tell that. In the mean time, I should handle it like I normally would. I am now Skylar Valdez. I am not the girl I was five years ago, I am now a woman. And I don't let men like Diego Osorio faze me. 

"Mr. Osorio, may I know why you're here?" I asked professionally, trying not to let the term of endearment faze me. Because let's be honest, Spanish endearments can be extremely injurious to your heart especially when they come from someone as handsome as him. 

"I came to meet you." He replied nonchalantly.  His green eyes were blindingly bright, god knows in what trouble I will get because of them. 

"I don't see a reason, Sir." I replied, aware of the  curious glances which everyone was secretly throwing at us. Osorio didn't seem to mind, not that I expected anything different from him. This man loves unwanted attention. 

"Sir? Never took you for a submissive." He smirked, raising an eyebrow. I scowl as an attempt to hide the furious blush which crept on my face and neck. This man has no limits.

"What do you want, Osorio?" I asked annoyed, keeping my voice low. Being polite was futile with him. 

"Now we are talking, Valdez or should I say...?" He trailed off, leaving a lot to doubt for me. To say my eyes bulge out in shock, would be an understatement. I couldn't believe it, my doubt was right. He actually recognized me. If he did, is it possible...

"You really think, I wouldn't recognize you?" He said leaning forward, while I continued leaning back in my old, almost torn leather office chair. Jeez..they really need to change this place's furniture.

"Get off me." I gritted, pushing him gently off me. Surprisingly, heaters in this office has nothing on this man's body heat. 

"You know you liked it." He said arrogantly.

"Sure, if ever my heater broke down, I'll let you know."  I frowned at him, and he genuinely looked confused and lost for the moment. 

Good work, Sky. Mental high-five! 

It doesn't last long though, realization dawned upon him pretty soon. For someone as ridiculous as him, he is very damn smart. 

"Well then, you can also contact me if you need a new scent because you were definitely sniffing." He replied, satisfied with  himself. There was a playful glint in his eyes. Was I really sniffing? He can't smell that good, can he? Argh..I hate this man.

"What do you want?" I asked annoyed, not really sure of his intentions. Or maybe I had a faint hint, but I would rather die than acknowledge it. 

"Well first of all, I want you to cooperate with me." He answered with a simple shrug.

"Why?" I asked, standing up from my chair. I don't want this man to lean towards me anymore. Everyone in the room had their curious eyes on us. I'll have a lot of questions to answer later, I thought to myself.

"Not here." He answered breaking my chain of thoughts, taking a step back from me. He casually looked here and there as if supervising everyone working in the room. But, I knew better. I know this look. 

"What's wrong in here?" I asked. I know it is never safe to discuss sensitive topics in places like these, but I was failing to see any danger which he obviously did. 

How do I know he sees something dangerous in here? Simple, the hard look of his face.

"I'll meet you soon, Valdez." He said, rubbing his jaw thoughtfully.

"And what if I don't want to meet you?" I asked, crossing my arms across my chest defensively.

"You're forgetting that legally I a--" 

"Yes, the file will be ready." I interrupted him quickly, when I saw George coming towards us. He stopped a few feet away from Osorio and me, looking strangely between both of us.

"Hello, Mr. Osorio. Can I have a minute with Ms. Valdez?" George asked with his professional gentleness. His face was neutral but something was definitely irking him. 

"No, you may not." Osorio replied rudely and my temper flared up. How dare he? I was about to retort, but the dangerous look on his face shuts me up. 

George didn't looked like he was intimidated though. But he was definitely upset, though he still was able to reply coherently and politely before leaving me alone with the devil's incarnation.

I felt bad for George. He is really nice, though he always reminds me of street fighters. The kind, who are involved in illegal business when not fighting. But of course, he isn't like that. The guy is working in Kapoor Industries, the background check is so minute and intricate, it is impossible to fake it. That unless you have sources like me, of course. 

Once when I realized it was safe, I blew up, of course in a low voice. "How dare you? What if he--"

"You're now supposed to maintain your distance with everyone." He interrupted. His jaw was clenched and lips were pursed in a tight line. He looked worried and was definitely thinking deeply. 

"Osorio, what's going on?" I asked, with worry and curiosity taking over every cell of my body. 

"Nothing that I can't handle." He answered with an arrogant smirk and shrug. He relaxed his clenched jaw and looked rather luxuriate himself. I was officially confused now.

"I'll meet you soon, whether you like it or not." He said with the naughty glint in his eyes returning. Without waiting for my reply, he tuned around to walk away. He walked some distance, but then turned around to give me one last of his tantalizing look for today.

 "And if possible, start using your real surname. And I don't mean Villarreal." He said and in one swift moment turned around and left, leaving me alone to deal with the explosion of past he just caused. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Heylo! 

Another chapter! And it's New Year! Lot's of greetings and wished for you all my amazing readers!

Tell me what you think of the story so far..Confusing stuff will be cleared soon. So, stay tuned! 

Don't forget to vote and comment! If you like this story then let it show! ok..lame I know..hey that rhymes lol.

Anyway, Happy NEW YEAR 2016 People!! 

Thanks for reading! :)

Lot's of Love!

P.S. Unedited.