chapter 39

#Assalamualaikum dearest readers, I am so sorry for keeping you all waiting. I hope this chapter makes up for the long wait. P.S, it has not been edited so pardon any mistakes please.Enjoy...#

Flashback .......

"Mama! Mama!" Said Ussam as he rushed into the house and began to search frantically for his father's bag.

"Yes habibi, what is it?!" Said Umm Ussam as she rushed in holding what appeared to be a rod,thinking her son to be in some imminent danger and in need of help. When she saw that he was not under attack, she almost hit him with the rod but stopped when she saw the look on his face.

"What is the matter habibi, why do you look disturbed?"

"Mama, our sultan has been attacked by a snake, he is currently in the palace, unconscious."

"Innalilahi wa inna ilaihi raji'un, Ya Allah how did this happen?"

Ussam recounted what had happened to Nawfal to her and she shook her head sadly.

"Quickly habibi, we must not waste time, here, this is your father's bag. Make haste and run as fast as you can to the palace. Go!" She said, as she saw him off to the door and after he left, closed the door and went to make wudhu so that she can pray for their king.

Ussam ran as fast as he could from his house to the palace. He was almost at the end of the street from his home to the palace and he was about to move when suddenly, three men and another figure in a black cloak appeared and before he knew it, something cold and strong had hit the base of his skull. Before the world turned a different shade of black, he saw the face of the figure in the cloak and was shocked and also confused to see the one that was the Sultan's nephew whom he heard about. She smiled at him only this smile was evil, as she extended her hand to touch him and he saw a ring with a stone glinting on her finger.

As she touched him,her hand began to change and become his. When his eyes finally closed, the Sultan's cousin had become him. There could only be one explanation for this.

Sorcery.

"Bind his hands and gag his mouth, then hide him where no one would find him. When my work is done, we would carry him to Intisaar and keel him prisoner there. The woman could use a companion. Now go!" She instructed, in Ussam's voice.

Nalah, now in the guise of Ussam walked farther into the bushes where Fazil Beig was waiting for her. When he saw a man approach, he brought out his dagger, ready to attack until the man spoke and he heard Nalah's voice.

His face broke into a very wicked smile.

"I see the ring has lived up to the tales of its power. In the guise of this man, we can kill Nawfal easily and no one would know."