chapter 7

#Dedicated to le_Muslim_MAN(jazakallahu khairan for the dedication in your story)

Nawfal marched into the archery ground. He needed to shoot some arrows to shake off the tension. It was one thing to talk about his marital status and it was another to question his morality. Were his people starting to believe him immoral? He picked up his bow and placed the arrow between it before taking aim. He released the arrow and missed his mark.

Murad Al-asim, Nawfal ' s closest friend and second in command of Heman' army, watched as Nawfal aimed and missed his shot again. Something was definitely bothering him. He was never a man to miss his mark. Murad was a year younger than Nawfal. He was not as tall as Nawfal but was tall nonetheless. He had short black hair with intelligent brown eyes. He was called the fierce lion by the soldiers. He shared a very close relationship with Nawfal. They never hid anything from each other.

He was a man known for his valour on the battlefield. He had a scar on his left brow which was left by a sword that luckily missed his eye and did not do much damage. As he stood regarding his friend, he decided he would talk to him and see if he could bring up what Safwanah had discussed with him. Allah help him, that woman would surely put him in trouble. She knew he loved her like his own younger sister which is why she put him in the situation with no choice than to do her bidding.

"Ya akhi, what is it that troubles you so?". Nawfal turned to see his closest friend Murad walk up to him. He was too preoccupied with his thoughts that he did not know when he had come. He smiled and hugged him before saying "Assalamualaikum akhi, I didn't realise you were here. For how long have you been standing here?" "Waalaikumusalam, long enough to see you miss your aim thrice. Tell me my friend, what is bothering you? You never miss your mark except you are tensed about something. Pray ,tell me."

"Well what do I say? Safwanah and my aunt brought up the issue of marriage and my aunt mentioned that the people might begin to question me. I have not been able to get my mind off our little discussion." Oh, so that was it, thought Murad with a small smile. Well then, here goes nothing.

"Why don't we go horse riding? The wind would be good for you. We can talk things out then." " Very well, let me get my horse and meet you outside the palace gates. With that, both men dispersed to meet at the gate. After giving instructions to the guards and climbing their horses, they took off .

The ride soon became a competition with Murad overtaking Nawfal before riding ahead of him. Soon Nawfal took pace on his brown horse.It had powerful fore and hind legs.There was no doubt of the strength it possessed. Both master and horse were a breathtaking sight with the wind causing Nawfal's hair to whip here and there as he rode. He became ahead of Murad . After a while, they came to a halt when they realised they had rode up to the kingdom's border with Misrah. Nawfal patted his horse Azraff to calm him down after the ride.

"You are right Murad, Alhamdullilah I feel better after the ride.Now I can think straight. Ya akhi, it's not as if I do not wish to marry. It is just that....." "that you have not found the right person who would marry you for who you are and not the position you hold and be a queen to your people." Said Murad, completing Nawfal's statement. Nawfal smiled and shook his head. Murad knew him too well. He had been more than a friend. He was a brother and confidante. He was also very brave.

"Well now that you know what the problem is, pray provide a solution Murad the great!" Nawfal said in mock seriousness. They laughed at that before Murad said seriously. " If this is the problem, why don't you marry someone who would not be interested in your position. Marry someone who is not in need of your power." "What do you mean by that Murad? " "What I mean is that you should marry from a royal family and no I do not mean you should marry her for that reason. What I mean is that if you marry her, she would not be interested in your position at all. She would be in no need for what you have and hold. She would understand the level of responsibility expected because it has been inculcated in her."

" I see where you are coming from and what you have said makes sense. Where would I find such a woman?"."Actually, I happen to know just the person, Amirah Marliyyah. "Amira Marliyyah? I am not sure I know her."Of course you do. She is the princess of the kingdom of Misrah. She is the brave young woman who stepped into the shoes of her father at such a tender age. She has done an excellent job of taking care of her people and protecting them from Beig ' s clutches. I am telling you akhi, she would make a good wife and queen to your people. She knows the weight of duty."

Nawfal frowned in concentration, trying to comprehend all that Murad had told him. He had indeed heard tales of the princess and from what he was hearing from his friend, they must be true as Murad was not one to engage in idle talk or listen to gossip. He only spoke when what he was going say was the truth. He knew he could rely on his friend. Perhaps it would do no harm to put the suggestion into consideration. He would consult with his Lord for he knew He would guide him and pave a way out for him.

Murad smiled as he watched the different emotions on his friend's face. He saw uncertainty, hope and finality there. He knew he was at first uncertain about the suggestion regarding the princess but he saw the hope that Allah would provide a way out and the finality there was that he had taken the matter seriously. It was not going to end there. Alhamdullilah, I have kept my promise to you Safwanah, Murad thought with another pleased smile.

"Let us return to the kingdom ya akhi, it is almost evening, we do not want to be late for Salatul Maghrib, said Nawfal. As they were another bout turning, something or rather someone, caught their eye. The person was on horse back, wearing what they could make out to be a cloak that looked like the colour of lavender which was no doubt royal for it want as made of the finest of velvet. From the posture, there was no doubt that the rider was female for she sat on her white mare which was a powerful beauty, mistress and mare, the epitome of elegance. The rider was however not aware that the riders had seen her. She sat taking in her surroundings, oblivious of the set of eyes that were observing her.

As if on call, both men lowered their gazes and turned their horses to return back to the kingdom. They rode in silence to the gates until curiosity got the better of Nawfal and he asked his friend "Murad, I cannot help but wonder who that rider was. There is no doubt she is a maiden. Who is she and why would she be out on horse back at a time like this?

Murad could not help but smile. He had been informed by the guards stationed at the border of the kingdom that the princess Marliyyah, used to regularly ride to the border of Misrah to ensure that the security was impregnable and also bring food and warm clothing for the guards before returning back to the palace. Apparently, she was there for the same reason. He turned to his friend and replied, "that my friend is no ordinary maiden. That is the princess of Misrah. That in fact is amirah Marliyyah."

#Assalamualaikum dear readers, another chapter is here for you. That is a picture of what Marliyyah looks like in a cloak though with a hijab of course, on horseback.i hope you enjoy the chapter! Do not forget to comment and vote, jazakallahu khairan to all those who have made comments, I'm encouraged to continue. Ma'asalam!#