chapter 24

#Dedicated to the one and only most amazing socialrecluse, get well soon!!##

Pardon any mistakes Please! !

"I shall wait for you to fall in love with me."

Marliyyah turned around stunned as she heard Nawfal. She searched his eyes for any sign of a tease and there was none, all she could see was the truth,plain and simple. She suddenly felt light headed and gripped the door handle for support. Nawfal noticed this and started to walk towards her but stopped himself as she regained her composure and quickly left the court.

What had possessed him to say that to her? He rebuked himself. He had not only succeeded in scaring her but had destroyed any form of comfort that was developing between them. He groaned, covering his face with his hands just as Murad walked in.

"What is it ya akhi? Why do you look worried?"

"Oh Murad, I just destroyed whatever little truce existed between myself and the princess. We have both agreed to get married but she has stated clearly that she is not doing it for love but for her people. Instead of me to remain silent, I just had to open my big mouth and tell her I would wait for her to fall in love with me! Who does that?! You should have seen her, she practically ran away from me! Now we might only end up greeting each other after our marriage. Oh Allah! What have I done?"

Murad walked up to Nawfal and put a reassuring hand on his shoulder.

"Akhi, do not worry, I am sure she was not frightened, you just took her by surprise and she shall recover from it soon. Do not worry yourself."

"Yes Nawfal, Murad is very right."

They turned around to see sultan Imran and general Farouq walk in. Sultan Imran walked up to Nawfal and put his hand on his shoulder.

"My dear son, my daughter has stubbornly made up her mind that love is not for her and that her heart only has room for duty. I want you to change that."

"Yes sultan", said General Farouq.

"I have watched liyyah grow and even if she would out rightly deny it, she is in need of someone who will love her immensely. She is bold and courageous, but very sensitive. Whether she shows it or not,she draws strength from the ones she loves. You are going to be her husband,love her so much you make her remove those barricades around her heart. Make her fall in love with you and make her realise how beautiful it is to have someone to love and call your own. No one else can do that."

"Farouq has removed the words right out of my mouth. I wish to see my daughter happy and laughing. She needs to know that her stubbornness has no standing to your love. Teach her to love Nawfal, teach her."

Nawfal felt a bit embarrassed discussing a topic such as love with his father in law and his wife's guardian. However, he understood the severity of the situation. Whatever they were saying was out of love for their daughter and ward. It was not going to be easy but with Allah's help, all would be well. Before he met the princess, he had made up his mind not to marry for love but after meeting her,all that had changed. He was willing to give himself a chance and was more than willing to have this experience with the princess.

He smiled at both men, reassuring them that he would do just as they had asked him to.

Sultan Imran beamed and said to the general, "Alhamdullilah! We have our son in law Farouq! Send a message to the members of council and the ulamah immediately, let the people also be told, their beloved princess Marliyyah is going to marry Nawfal Al-fateh, the sultan of Heman! Go!Go!"