Chapter 7: Distrust

I pulled into the parking lot, which was strangely empty. Usually everyone would come here on Saturday’s to visit sick family members and friends, since the hospital’s longest hours were today. I parked in the closest spot I could to the hospital entry, afterwards taking the key out of the ignition and stepping into the cold winter air that stung my skin. I walked into the hospital doors and headed straight towards Melanie’s room. As I opened the door, Melanie remained the same, dead looking and unresponsive. I didn’t even bother to walk in. I just slammed the door shut and walked off quickly. This isn’t fair! It’s been 7 months and shit still isn’t going well for me. Why, I don’t know. For some reason, it seems like God hates me. I’ve tried not to lose my faith over the years but it’s been pretty damn hard. I have no love, no family, no friends, everything is pain and I don’t know what is causing it. People were staring at me like I was a psychotic but I didn’t care. I exited the building, seeing someone I didn’t expect, Akeli. She was leaning on my car as hers was parked right next to it. I stared at her for a while giving that confused look that said “What the hell are you doing here?”

“No hi?” She asked with a smile.

“Why are you here Akeli?” I asked with a straight face.

“Can a girl be there to look out for her friend? Damn.” She said, with her hilarious attitude. But, I didn’t laugh.

“You know me and Ray aren’t on speaking terms. With you here with me, he’ll have another reason to be on my ass.” I spoke with harsh tone, but who gave a damn at this point.

“I don’t have to do everything Ray tells me,” She smiled. “He doesn’t control me.”

I shook my head and she came closer.

“Akeli just go home to…” I didn’t get to finish as our lips met. We stood there for a solid five minutes, outside in the cold weather in front of a hospital, chewing each other’s faces off. It became more intense as every second inched by, and before I could even inhale the cold air, we were laying in the back seat of my car. I didn’t know how far this would go until Akeli was bringing down the front zipper of my pants.

Damn, Ray is gonna shoot my ass.

March 1: Lunch of horror

Over the duration of the month of February, things took a silent turn in my shitty life. Melanie and I became a lot closer. From almost enemies to basically family. This made me take my mind off the annoying ass people talking about me in the hallway every day. It took my mind off my “mother’s” drunk and slutty ways, all in all, for the first time in very long I was happy. So it was benefit for me, but not Melanie. Her popular reputation basically disappeared. Hanging out with the school psycho nerd kid that possibly put your boyfriend in the hospital, not exactly the best thing a popular kid can do. But Melanie also gained friends, Akeli, Rayon, and I were always with her. Actually, Akeli wasn’t crazy about Melanie. Wait, erase that, she hated her ass.

“Hi guys!” Melanie smiled as she was walking up to the table Akeli, Ray, and I was sitting at. She was pretty far away but her loud voice could be heard from anywhere.

“Here she comes.” Akeli mumbled in annoyance.

“What do you have against her?” Ray stated in a laugh.

“She’s too God damn, perky. I don’t know what you see in her, I’m a better kisser anyways.”

Holy shit.

“Wait, what?” Ray widened his eyes in shock. Melanie walked up to our table at that exact same moment.

“What’s up?” She asked and looked straight at Ray. “Rayon, are you okay?”

“Melanie, shut up. Chres, I hope I didn’t just hear what I thought I did.” Rayon stared at me, his fist balled up in rage. I just looked down. “Did you kiss Akeli?” He asked looking down at the table.

“No, well I…” I started.

“Answer the damn question Chres!” He yelled. For the first time ever he was intimidating to me. I looked down in guilt. Every time I looked back up, I saw Rayon’s facial expression, anger with a hint of sadness. “You did, didn’t you? Unbelievable! Every time you’re in a situation I help your ass out, but whenever I want something, you have to take it from me Chres! You know how much I liked Akeli, but apparently according to you my input is shit!”

From the corner of my eye, I saw Akeli look up at Rayon. They met eyes for a few seconds and a tear slid out of Rayon’s eye.

“I’m sorry.” I muttered. Rayon laughed, but it wasn’t a genuine one.

“Bullshit.” He shook his head and walked away from us, Akeli running after him.

He won’t ever trust me again.

~*~*~

That was the only other time I hurt Rayon badly, but this is going to top all of the hatred Rayon has on me off.

I just had sex with Akeli.

~*~*~

A/N Short, but hey, it's something. I've been EXTREMELY BUSY. How pissed are you guys at Chres right now? Do you think that Chres's love for Melanie has changed because of Akeli?

Which team are you?

Raykeli

Chreskili

Melanto

COMMENT BELOW!