Prologue (Eve)

The mother held the baby's head underwater. It didn't struggle. It just stared up at her as if it wasn't afraid to die. Maybe it wasn't?

The rippling water blurred its features, but still, she could see it was looking up at her with those cold, dead, waste- land eyes. They were the same eyes that had looked at her for a year and a half now.

She had known something was wrong with her daughter as soon as she was born. She didn't cry. She never smiled. She never cooed playfully like other chubby, cherubic babies did. Instead, she looked at the world coldly, through the veil of those jet-black inky eyes.

 Instead, she looked at the world coldly, through the veil of those jet-black inky eyes

Her eyes. They had the power to turn a room cold and freeze the blood in your veins.

It wasn't long before she started hurting her mother. At first she bit. She kicked, she pinched and she spat. Then, as she started making her way around the world on clumsy legs, she started to realize that some things were sharp, and that some things were hard. Some things even drew blood...

And the more mobile she got, the worse it became. She left a path of tears and destruction in her wake. Such a young child, but already she had the ability to inflict pain.

Her mother was afraid of the future. She was afraid that if she let this child grow up, that she would become something deadly. Something unstoppably evil. She had brought her into the world; it was her responsibility to take her out of this world before she hurt anyone else.

She held her baby's head under the water...

But the mother couldn't do it. Perhaps that's why the baby hadn't fought. The baby knew that her mother was a coward. Weak.

She pulled her baby out, clutched it to her breast and cried. But the baby remained still and emotionless. The baby would remember this moment, and she would punish her mother accordingly.

The mother dried the baby and put her in her cot. She ran upstairs, locked her bedroom door, took out her bible, knelt at the edge of her bed and prayed. She prayed long and loudly until her voice went hoarse and raspy and she couldn't talk anymore.

She knew what her child was. Her little girl was a psychopath. Just likeher daddy