Chapter 19

previously:

The tall guy just stares at me blankly.
"I need you to come with me you aren't safe here."
"What do you mean in not safe? I'm perfectly fine."
"How do you even know me?" I say fast.
"You won't be for long. Just trust me."
------------------------------------------------------
Liam POV

I wake up to the sound of my phone ringing. I wipe my eyes and each for my phone on the side of my bed.
I see the contact as Libby. It is three in the morning on a Monday. I wonder what she would be calling for.
"Liam it's me I am with a guy named Brian right now." I instantly clench my fists. Brian?
"He said that I'm in danger and that I need to trust him. We are coming to get you. Be ready. He says that we are running away from "the others."
The others?
Tell me this is a dream. Who is "the others?"

She hangs up the phone. I get up out of bed quietly knowing my parents are down stairs sleeping. I grab my jacket and put my shoes on quickly.

My phone buzzes a few minutes later in my hand. It is so quiet in the house I swore my parents could hear the vibration of my phone.

"Outside, hurry up." - Libby"Okay," I reply back. I push my phone in the pocket of my jacket and quietly open the window to my room. I would use the front door but, my parents put an alarm system on it, can't open the doors past eleven o'clock without the alarm going off.

Luckily I have a tree outside of my bedroom window. I place a foot steadily on the roof outside my window and climb out.

When I reach the ground I see Libby and this "Brian" guy standing at the end of the drive way by a black Camaro. Why is he wearing so much black? 

I look at Libby and smile but with concern, I don't know what this guy is doing but if he puts her in harms way I will...  getting broken from my thoughts Brian speaks up. "Hello Liam, my name is Brian, I know I'm wearing to much black what ever. I am here to keep you guys safe. I need you two to come with me, just trust me." He stuck out his right hand keeping it there until I finally shook his hand. "Fine" I say looking at him and then at Libby.

I do not know if I truly trust this guy at this moment but, I can't just not go with Brian, Libby is going and I want to do anything in my power to keep her safe from this guy or anyone who comes her way.

He leads us to his car and I take a seat in the front while Libby sits in the back. I did not want her near this guy I do not know him well enough. I know call me protective but hey, this guy came out of no where.

It was a long awkward silence of a car ride. I am not sure how long we were in the car for but I yawned at least fifty million times. I could hear Libby lightly snoring in the back seat. I smile at that.

"Where are we going" I ask Brian. He doesn't answer. "Hey, we have the right to know where we are going. You basically kidnapped us. Well we are not kids but you know what I mean." I say. He sighs and looks over quickly making sure his eyes are still on the dark long road.

"Look, just trust me okay. Like I told Libby I can not tell you where I am taking you guys, for safety purposes." I just look at him with furrowed eyebrows.

"I do not understand. Are we really in this much danger?" I say with a confused look. "Yes." Is all Brian says in response. This guy is making me go insane. I feel like screaming to the top of my lungs because of how little information he is providing us. 

I pull my phone out of the pocket of my jacket to check the time. The screen lights up blinding my eyes. I quickly turn down the brightness on my phone while squinting. It is 5:43 am. What? We have been driving for more than 2 hours?! This guy he isn't trying to save us, he is trying to take us some place far away so he can murder us and throw us in a dang hole. No that is not happening.

"Tell me where we are going right now or I'm calling the cops," I say raising my voice threatening him.

I hear Libby shuffle in the back seat and I look in the mirror to see that she has woken up. Crap I woke her up with my loud mouth.

"Calm down Liam. We are almost there." He says waving his hands downward trying to calm me down. Not even threatened by the words that came out of my mouth moments ago."Stop waving your hands in my face your making me even more tense." I huff and look out of the window.

Libby hasn't spoken a word since we got in the car. I know she is behind me but I decide to text her. I'm not trying to have Brian ease in on our conversation.

"Are you okay?" - Liam

I see her phone light up the back of the car through the corner of my eye. "Yeah I am just a little worried." - Libby. My face drops in sadness. "It is okay Libby. We can get through this. Ill be right here." I send the text and take my right hand and stick it through the space on the side of my seat on the passenger side and hold it out for Libby to grab onto.

A few seconds pass by and I feel her warm yet cold hand at the same time connect with mine. I smile and at this moment I can just feel the smile on her face too.