Chapter 17

Music: Broken Arrows - Daughtry <3

Previously:

Libby's POV

"Mom is everything okay?" I say louder.

" You need to come home right now!" My mom yells into the phone. I can hear in her voice that she has been crying. " What's going on mom your scaring me..." I respond back.

" It's your father. He... he collapsed to the ground. He didn't wake up. He got sent to the hospital. I wasn't home at the time I was at the store picking up groceries and the neighbors told me they seen him outside on the side walk so they called the ambulance. I really need you to come home."

I don't even know what to say to my mom. How could this happen?

Before I realize it tears start pouring out of my eyes. "Ill be there" And with that I hang up the phone.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Libby's POV

I rush back to my house pushing the gas pedal to accelerate faster. While I'm driving I keep telling myself "God please! Tell me my dad will be okay."

I reach my house in near minutes and run in the house searching for my mom. I run into her bedroom and I see her lying there on her bed with her hands pressed against her face.

"Mom I'm here! Let's go now!" I yell. She just lays there.

"Mom come on. Dad needs us. YOU need him." I say trying to make her get up.

She sits up and looks at me her face red and her eyes puffy from crying. "Okay." Is all she says and we head to the hospital.

As we sit in the car and I drive us to the hospital my mom starts telling me about how my dad and her first met. "I was about 17 when I first met your father. At first I didn't really see much in him but as we started to talk and hang out more I fell in love with him. He was the sweetest guy in the world to me. He always took me out on these surprise dates. On our second date he asked me to be his girlfriend and I of course accepted. A couple years went by and on my twentieth birthday he proposed to me. It was the best day of my life. Then I had you and that was even better."

She grabs my hand out of my lap and takes it in hers. "You and your father are and always will be the best things in my life."

At hearing these words a tear pours down my cheek and falls into my lap.

"I really hope and pray your father makes it" I  hear a voice say, my moms voice. I was mind reading when i didn't even want to.

"Don't worry mom I'm hoping too." I say aloud keeping my eyes focused on the road. I see her look at me really fast out of the corner of my eye.

I immediately regret what I had just said that came pouring out of my mouth. "What?" My mom says still looking at me.

"Oh uh nothing." I say. She just looks away out the window.

I pull into the parking lot of Sandreo hospital. Put the car in park and we head inside.

My mom see's the receptionist sitting at the desk and asks to see "Mark Miller," he collapsed and should have been here already." My mom says fast.

"Yes um.. Mark is in room 39B just go down this hallway and go to your left, you'll see it," The receptionist says. "Thank you." My mom and I both say in sync.

There are a lot of people

We rush down the long hallway and finally turn left.  I open the door to 39B and see my dad on the hospital bed sleeping. I grab a seat for my mom and I and sit dowm. Mom goes straight to my dad and grabs his hand while kissing his cheek.

I hold back the tear that were beginning to form for the third time today. Mom and dad are so good for each other. After a few minutes of watching my mom i get up from the chair i sat down and walk over to the right side of the hospital bed. I lean down and kiss my dad's forhead.

Thank you for keeping my dad safe. 

Near minutes go by a nurse enters the small room. She is a little taller than me i'd say about five four and has brown hair with brown eyes. She looks barely over the age of twenty five.

"Im sorry to bother you but visiting hours are almost up." The nurse says. 

"Okay" My mom says. I look at the nurse's name tag "Mandy" Its says in small but bold text."Do you mind telling us what exactly happened to my husband?" Mom says. "Your husband had a heart attack, he is very lucky that he got here fast." The nuse says calmy. 

My mom and I stand there not knowing what to say. I grab my moms hand. She looks over at me and trys to gather a smile.

"We are just really glad he is okay." I say to the nurse.

After the nurse leaves the room we give dad a hug. I wish he would have waken up so i could hear his voice. 

We leave the room and I don't feel the need to cry anymore knowing my dad will be okay. 

The nurse said my dad will stay at the hospital for a couple of days to be sure he doesnt have a heart attack again.

My mom and I head home

Liam POV

I stare at my watch sitting in my bedroom. It's 9:30pm. Libby left my house around 5:30pm. Im worried about her and her dad. I really hope everything is okay.

Im not sure if i should text her. Forget it I want to hear from her.

"Hey Libby, is everything okay?" - Liam

I lay my phone beside me on the bed. If i keep my phone in my hands to wait for her response im going to get even more ancy. 

I check my watch after so long of not hearing my phone go off. Its 9:57pm. She must be asleep it has been a long day.

I then hear three knocks on the front door. I run down the stairs almost skipping the last three steps. My mom and dad are at work until eleven so I wonder who it could be.

I open the door.

Libby! My face lights up and she runs in the door and tackles me with a hug. We fall to the ground. 

The fall made my back ache but at this moment I didn't really care.

Im guessing everything turned out to be okay...

I embrace her in my arms. She looks up at me and puts a smile on her face. "My dad is okay." She says. 

"That's great news Libby" I say with a cheerful smile on my face.

She gets up off the ground from tackling me. "I know, im really glad. He is just going to be at the hospital for a couple more days to be sure he is doing good" Libby says. I get up off the ground and stand on my feet. 

I grab her hand and pull her in for another hug. I take a deep breath and exhale. "Im glad ive got you" Libby syas while hugging me back. "Me too Libby, me too."