❤️Chapter 8: The Execution❤️

DipperPOV

It was a few days as I traveled across Waterfall. And as I made my way to Hotland, I trained myself, killing every monster that came in my way. Soon, I was getting close. I could feel it. And I had Chara there the whole time, coaching me on. She believed in me me like no one else. And she knew that I could get back home. She may be stuck in the Underground with Flowey, but she promised to make me stronger, and get me back home. She understood me when she knew that I was weak. I needed strength to defeat Bill, and save the world, and Chara gets that. Without her, I wouldn't have made it this far. I would've been dead, and Gravity Falls would've been doomed. I would've let Mabel down and.... Mabel....

We may not be together anymore, but I still care about my sister, but I feel like I've made the wrong decision letting her stay with Sans in Snowdin, but on the other hand, I'm glad I did. On one hand, she would've gotten herself hurt, and she would've just slowed me down. But on the other hand, I really didn't want her to be with Sans. I knew there was something odd about him. I mean, how did he know about the timelines? He was hiding a lot more that even Mabel isn't prepared for, and by what Chara said, he sounds way more dangerous than I had expected.

"Is something on you mind, Dipper?" I jumped out of my thoughts, and looked away from the passageway that lead to Undyne's mountain. Chara for some reason liked sneaking up from behind me, and start whispering things in my ear. I guess that was just the way she was. I shook my head, clearing the thoughts from my mind. "So Dipper, are you finally ready to face Undyne?"

"I just... Feel like I won't be able to defeat her... Like I'm too weak-"

"Dipper, you are not weak. You have plenty of potential, making you strong, and able to do anything. And your determination makes you even stronger. Trust me, Dipper, you'll defeat Undyne, and you'll be home in no time." I nodded, hoping she was right.

I stopped in front of the caverns, where Undyne was waiting, her armor glinting silver in the moonlight asshe stood on her mountain. I held back a gulp, wondering if I could do this. She looked too powerful and deadly for me to handle. But I had to this. If I want to go back home, I have to get through Undyne, and that may lead to killing her.

"Just one human soul... Until we break the barrier.... I will NOT let you crush anymore dreams!" Undyne jumped down from her peak to stand in front of me, revealing to be some kind of fish. She grabbed her spear, screaming "Engarde!" before encountering me in battle. For some reason, when her spear slasjed across my soul, it didn't hurt me. Instead, it turned green. A reflector sat above, and I was able to move it in all directions. She stared pointing arrows at me, and I only missed a couple. But man, does each hit count. I needed to keep trying though. As I kept fighting, Undyne seemed to keep getting faster and faster, until my stanima was running short, and I couldn't keep up with her. Soon, I knew only one thing: I was going to die, and I wouldn't be able to go back home.

When I thought all hope was lost, I sensed Chara's presence, and she whispered, "Don't worry Dipper... You have my determination..." And somehow, with that, I recieved a burst of energy, and Undyne turned to dust.

When the battle was over, I fell to my knees as Chara appeared before me once more. "I hope you don't mind, but I took over your body to defeat Undyne."

"You... What...?"

"I told you, working together is our only hope. If we work together, we can get you back home. And this is one of chances, the strongest at that. My strength, plus yours, you'll make it out in no time." Did she... Take over my body? It sounds like something Bill does but... This isn't Bill... This is Chara. We're gonna make sure me and Mabel get home, back to the surface. Where everything is normal.

"Dipper! Let me take over your body again! You can use my energy! That way, we'll make it out to the Core faster! Come on!" Chara held out her hand, and, reluctantly, I took it, but instead, she phased right into me, and I became stronger once more.

Walking into the caverns, we found another saving point, a lab not far. We were greeted by a sign that said "Welcome to Hotland!" and a water cooler was nearby. Sadly though, I wasnt able to drink any, since the qater and the cup itself evaporated in the heat. "What is a lab doing here, anyways?"

"This is Dr. Alphys' lab. She's had this giant crush on Undyne since the beginning, and now that you've killed her lover, she's even more vulnerable. Oh and I'd watch out for Mettaton. He can be a real perv." I nodded as I listened to Chara speak. She was really helpful, since she knows the way to the end of the Underground. Soon, I decided to enter the lab, and meet this Alphys monster I've heard so much of.

I sighed as I entered the lab, a cool air hitting me as soon as I entered the lab. "I've been watching your adventure... And I have decided to help you." I tensed as I heard a voice in the background, but I relaxed as a body came my way, and i short lizard-like monster in a white labcoat and glasses approached me, and I knew right then and there it was Alphys, the Royal Scientist of the Underground.