❤️Chapter 4: The Way Out Into The Unknown❤️

MabelPOV

I stared in horror as Dipper started slashing uncontrollably at Toriel, a fury I had never seen before. She was starting to get weak fast, and her attacks became less and less frequent. At that point, I just couldn't take it. She was going to die soon. I read in one books once, that when monsters die, they turn to dust. I wouldn't want to see Toriel turn to dust because of my brother. I grabbed Dipper's arm, and pulled him back. "DIPPER! WHY ARE YOU HURTING TORIEL?!"

"MABEL! SHE WON'T LET US GO HOME IF I DON'T DO SOMETHING!" Toriel stared in shock at the both of us, as she struggled to get up. She turned to me first as she let worry and graciousness plaster across her face.

"Thank you my child. I can see you have great potential, and Asgore will love you..." she started to trail off as she looked down at her feet. "Asgore...." Then she jumped back up to focus her attention on Dipper now. "But you, my child," I could tell she was fury from my brother as she stared at him. "You must not let Asgore kill you." Toriel gave one one last sigh as she hugged the two of us, and opened the gates to the exit of the ruins. "Be careful, my little ones."

And then we were on our own.

Before we reached the cold outside of the Underground, we ended up back in that same patch of golden flowers that we had woke up in. And there was Flowey, sitting there grinning from... Well... Petal to petal. "So... You managed to spare one soul. But what if theres one you cant spare? What if you are forced to kill-"

"WE WOULD NEVER DO THAT! WE'RE GOING TO PROTECT ANY MONSTER FROM ANY HARM, RIGHT DIPPER?" I stopped, hearing no reply from my twin, i looked behind me to see him in deep thought, head drooped so that i could only see the top of his cap. Then he suddenly jumped, grabbing my arm and taking me away from the talking flower. "Yeah sure... Come on Mabel."

And then the Ruins were behind us.

Before us was a long stretch of path ahead, snow covered the ground and the tall pine trees that grew there. But it wasn't that bad. It just really, really, escalated as we kept moving. The silence was starting to freak me out, and it looked like it was affecting Dipper too. "Ok Mabel, we're on our own now, which means we have to be very-" We both stopped as a large cracking sound echoed through the forest, and we both jumped at it. "What was that?" I asked as i started to warily slow down my pace to a halt. "I dunno... Stay close..." As we kept walking, we reached a bridge, with large spacings in-between the columns. We slowly started to make our way to the fence, until I felt another monster loom up from behind us.

I turned around to meet the shadow's face, it being hidden by what it was covered in. "Hey," it chuckled, "don't ya know how to greet a knew friend? Come here abd shake my hand." I don't know what, but something about the monster's deep and silky voice made me trust him, and i slapped my hand to his, screaming "HI I'M MABEL! I'M ONLY 12 AND I OWN A PIG! YOU WANNA GET MARRIED???" The figure started to chuckle, and he soon revealed himself as a short skeleton. Now that i think about it, his hand did feel a bit bony...

The skeleton was short and thick-boned, no taller than me and Dipper. He wore a light blue hoodie, black basketball shorts, and white fuzzy slippers. He had a wide grin across his face as he laughed, and i smiled back, my eyes met the bright white pupils that shone in his deep black eyesockets. "Heh, i see you're gonna make it in the Bone Zone just fine." Woah... Did that work? "Heh," he chuckled, examining my soft hand with his bony fingers. "I didn't even have to use the 'Whoopee Cushion In The Hand,' trick, and you still made my day! Im Sans. Sans the Skeleton. You guys are humans, right? Im supposed to be on watch for humans right now, but.... Ya know.... I like you."

My eyes lit up at the sound of our quick friendship. "Now my brother, Papyrus, is a human-hunting FANATIC. I think that may be him right now. Quick! Behind those conviently shaped lamps!" Sans quickly ushered us across the bridge, and behind two lamps that were indeed shaped like us. As if on cue, a taller skeleton wearing a red scarf, with boots and gloves to match came marching to this part of the forest. "SANS!" He yelled, glaring at his brother. "Sup bro?"

"YOU KNOW WHATS 'SUP'! WHY HAVENT YOU RECALLIBRATED YOUR PUZZLES???"

"Ive been looking at this lamp. Isnt it cool?"

"NO! I DONT HAVE TIME FOR FOOLING AROUND! WHAT IF A HUMAN PASSES THROUGH HERE?? I MUST BE READY! I MUST BE THE ONE! I WILL BE THE ONE!! I WILL CAPTURE A HUMAN! THEN I, THE GREAT PAPYRUS, WILL GET EVERYTHING I UTTERLY DESERVE!!! RESPECT... RECOGNITION... I WILL FINALLY ABLE TO JOIN THE ROYAL GUARD! PEOPLE WILL ASK TO. BE MY. FRIEND? I WILL BATHE IN A SHOWER OF KISSES EVERY MORNING."

"hmm... maybe this lamp will help you."

SANS!! YOU ARE NOT HELPING!!YOU LAZYBONES!! ALL YOU DO IS SIT AND BOONDOGGLE! YOU GET LAZIER AND LAZIER EVERY DAY!!!"

"hey, take it easy. ive gotten a TON of work done today... A skele-TON." I held back a snort at that corny pun.

"SANS!!!"

"come on, youre smiling."

"I AM AND I HATE IT!" He gave a sigh before continuing. "WHY DOES SOMEONE AS GREAT AS ME... HAVE TO DO SO MUCH JUST TO GET SOME RECOGNITION..."

"wow. sounds like youre really working yourself... DOWN TO THE BONE."

"UGH!!! I WILL ATTEND TO MY PUZZLES... AS FOR YOUR WORK... PUT A LITTLE MORE... BACKBONE INTO IT!!! NYEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEEHEHEHEHEHE!!!!" The skeleton started to laugh hysterically as he walked away, and came back for just a quick "HEH!" Before finally making the coast clear."

Once he was gone, Sans looked over at us, and said, "ok, you can come out now." Obeying the skeleton's orders, me and Dipper revealed ourselves to the forest once more, and walked up to him. "You oughta get going, just in case my brother comes back. And if he does... Youll have to sit through more of my puns."

"You know Sans, would it be that bad if I wanted to meet Papyrus? He doesnt seem that bad of a guy." Sans grinned as an idea formed in his head. "Mabel, are you crazy?" I turned around as Dipper grabbed my shoulder. "That monster is a bloodthirsty skeleton who wants to capture us so he can become famous! Are you really sure you can trust this guy-"

"Hey, the kid has a point. My brother has been down lately, and seeing a human would make his day. Hes harmless, trust me. Thanks a million, Ill see you up ahead." Sans gave me a wink as he passed by us, dissapearing into the next section of the forest.

I knew one thing for sure, i was gonna love the Underground more than at Gravity Falls, where i had spent the majority of my life at, compared to a new place that i had just arrived about a day ago. I loved Toriel, and Papyrus, and.... And especially Sans.... And i was sure they loved me back. Just what was happening to Dipper? Something has changed him.... But what? Shaking the thoughts from my head, i started to head to the next section of Snowdin Forest, Dipper not far behind.