Chapter 10: And We Meet Again

Start from the beginning

"Yeah... True," Ji Eun nodded, baring a small smile. "I'll see you tomorrow then."

"Yup, tomorrow." With that, Su Bin began gathering her belongings to head back home. She then suddenly paused, and looked down at the smaller girl. "I gotten a random text the other day that you and Jong Hoon are kind of okay now..."

All color drained from Ji Eun's face. Jong Hoon must've mentioned Baekhyun, it just had to. Who wouldn't have ranted about the guy who gave him a bruised jaw? She grimaced at the thought because her lie was not adding up to anything. Surely, this was a red flag. "Yeah, we ran into each other at the market and we talked somewhat... And I don't completely hate him now."

"True, his girlfriend was the bitch at my party. Not him," Su Bin grumbled, remembering the squabble. "If I see blondie again, I'm going make sure to smack away all that caked makeup on her face for you." The two of them laughed. "Okay, I gotta go. I'll swing by tomorrow, yeah?"

Ji Eun nodded at her friend and bid their last goodbyes before she left the apartment. Left alone in her own home, her eyes shifted over to her awaiting phone on the coffee table, feeling the guilt of the situation settle in her stomach. Why can't she flat out tell the truth? Baekhyun's actions themselves were already contradicting to what Ji Eun said and GOD she just didn't want to be the bad guy. Never to Su Bin.

She picked up her phone, debating whether to message Baekhyun or not. She can shoot a text that the two of them were attending and that's it. Maybe try to look for them in the audience if that's possible... She really did want to see Baekhyun again.

Or maybe, she should try to see if he has some free time after the show...

"Aishh, why is this such a problem?!" Ji Eun's voice echoed about in the empty apartment. "I should ask him... But I don't want to bother him... Maybe I shouldn't even message him at all." She slowly nodded her head at the idea. "That's right, Su Bin doesn't know I have his number so it'd be weird if we did meet up with him." She tossed her phone onto the couch cushion.

She can't even be bothered about this any more.

Ji Eun can't break. Not right now.

She has to stop these feelings for Baekhyun or else she's going to get into sucked into drama that she'd much rather avoid.

~  •  ~  Next Day  ~  •  ~

Baekhyun didn't think he'd actually be nervous. Stomach twisting, fingers twiddling, mind racing kind of nervousness. He really shouldn't. Once he's nervous, he'd be distracted on his performance and that's just... No bueno.

But the reason why he's suddenly nervous?

From: my gamja ❤️

> Hey, guess who just won a pass to music bank!!~
> Am I going to be able to see you after the show or no?
> Lemme know soooooon ;3

Like, Ji Eun wouldn't lie to him about this, right? He'll be able to see her and she'll be able to see him. Baekhyun never felt so overwhelmingly giddy and anxious at the same time. It's almost too good to be true.

But he doesn't want to mess up with her watching him live.

Oh god, he would die. He could imagine the babble of teasing once they meet backstage or something and through text. Yes, Ji Eun was the kind of girl who would spam him through phone and face to face. It will happen, he knows Ji Eun well enough to have the scenario play out in his mind.