Chapter 6: Battle for Valerium

Начните с самого начала

"Through the sky, our arrows fly. Through the metal and bone, we shall ride! Through the metal and bone we, we shall ride!"

A good number of their unit howled and laughed as they surged onward. Ira was somewhat shocked about the events. This bloodlust..he thought this was only attainable by beasts..but now these warriors shared the feeling with their brothers and sisters. The Lycara howled and roared as loud as his lungs would allow him. Another surge of energy went through the group and a blood red aura started to engulf them. Appearing only to Kovac and Eclipse, a notification popped up on their HUD.

Skill Learned: War Song(3.7%)
Passive

Feel the bloodlust in your veins! Fight with your comrades to victory. Increases damage resistance and raises morale.

Convenient. Kovac looked to the riders on both his sides. They would be facing off against a number greater than their own, the Valerian advantage was their training and fearlessness. After a few more minutes of hard riding, the camp was in view. Immediately they were spotted and defences were starting to be formed. He raised his fist in the air to halt the regiment. He opened his hand. <Hellstorm> was casted just as he lowered his arm to signal the army to charge. Kovac drew his short sword which was given to him by Soulkeeper. Why he was given that blade? He was about to find out. He held it so the blade was by his side and not in front of him. Jagged red lines spread down the blade as he rode ahead of his allies. He slashed the air in front of him releasing a wave of fire that cut down the first few that he got near. Well damn. Cavalry destroyed infantry. This was made obvious when the first line of Valerians smashed the feeble defence that the renegades tried to put up. Through the metal and bone they rode. Blood sprayed the cavalry as they cut down and shot their enemies.

With their advance, their enemies morale began to falter. Steel arrows dug into the ground as the archers turned both humans and orcs into pin cushions. Eclipse laughed as body after body dropped. Unfortunately, her horse took a spear to the neck causing her to fall off. She rolled with the momentum and used her bow to stop an incoming sword. From the corner of her eye she saw a mass of fangs and fur fly cut through the air to latch onto the unfortunate bandit. The screams were cut short, and her admiration for the Lycara grew. Someone grabbed her under her arm and laughed at the sight.

"Come on soldier! We've got work to do." Kovac grinned turning his back to her as he parried an axe and jabbed the wielder before driving one of his daggers into the man's skull.

"Think of all the experience we're getting!" She screamed giddily at him. She slid over his back, slashing a throat then turned around launching an arrow into another face.

He let out a hearty laugh snagging an actual sword off of the ground. The Valerians were putting their training to good use. A good number of them were already dismounted and had battle groups formed. The cavalry kept rotating to rush enemy resistance. The soldiers' movement through the camp was slow, but their injuries and casualties were minimized. Ira flew overhead, stepping away from the from lines. He circled the skirmish before seeing hostile movement.

"There's a force coming in from the left of the main unit." Ira howled then dove down creating a line of fire between the new enemies and the ones they were going to reinforce.

"Keep them at bay for as long as you can." He sent to the Lycara. "Eclipse! Any AoE spells!?"

"I have one in mind but I can only cast it once!" She drove an arrow into a war dog's eye. "Cover me! Archers form on me!"