Wicca

witch
wiCH/
noun
1. a woman thought to have evil magic powers. Witches are popularly depicted as wearing a black cloak and pointed hat, and flying on a broomstick.
synonyms: sorceress, enchantress, necromancer

        Nyx read the deffinition out of the school dictonary. Last time she checked there were no lessons on how to ride a broom stick in The Book of Shadows (basically the Wiccan bible), and pointed hats were worn by stupid Christians in the 1500s on Oct. 31st to "keep safe." The witches were never going to attack the people, that's more like the Satanist. The witches kept to themselves and out of sight. They knew that the bible falsely depicted them. They didnt worship Satan. Bitch please, they worshiped trees. Wicca is like an overly glorified hippie group.
"Nyxella!" The library speakers boombed. "Come down to the Head Mistess's office imediately." Nyx loved her name, but in Madam Stephen's School For Young Ladies, which only had 100 girls in the entire school, she stood out. This was a school for girls from families with lots of old money and manchions. Nyx was one of thoes girls. The Peters had been a wealthy family in Massachusets since the years of colonization. There are many stories of witches making themselves wealthy with magic, and Nyx's ancestors were some of thoes. Her great, great, great, great grandma lived in England and made the Peter's family name rise to high society. Not only was her ancestor, Gwenith, ahead of her time, she was the first witch in the family. She became wealthy from her own skill, not from magic, but she did use love potions quite often which eventually landed her as a single mother in 1518. Her son, William, started showing traits of a witch from the time he was 3. Yes, a witch, not a wizard. A witch is a witch regardless of gender. Eventually Gwenith was caught and put into prision to await her execution, but she escaped by making her cell explode and kept to the streets until her death of old age. William, a digraced figure in society, left for America where he charmed his way into society with magic. Gwenith was the only actual witch caught in the history of Wicca. This made the Peters stand out as ambitious in the Wiccan comunity. The other witches were all in New York because after the Salem Witch Trials of 1692 the witches all got the hell out of Massachusets. The Peters stayed, though. Witch-hunters still think that they went to  Georgia because of all the voodoo down there. The witches worked on making New York become one of the buggest and most well-known states in America by starting some of the first industries in 1867. The Civil War? Voodooas (usually black) and witches (usually white) fighting.Witchcraft has shaped this country's foundation without public knowledge. "Nyx..." Helena was sitting next to her. Helena was a girl with long brown hair and green eyes; she had a pixie-like face and body. "I think you should go to the office... Madam Louis won't be pleased." Nyx shook her head and realized that she hadn't moved from her seat in the library. She got up and left the library that looked like it had been there for 4,000 years. The wooden floor boards squeaked under her uniform dress shoes. The mahogany walls inclosed her as she walked to the Head Mistress's office. She was almost there when everything went black. All she could hear was the sound of screaming children and Latin chants.