21

Cassandra

"You should stop torturing yourself, Cassandra."

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"You miss him."

"I don't."

"You do."

"I don't"

"It's Friday and you're sitting here in the corner of the library alone, drawing a sketch of Harry's eyes."

"I'm not." Shit. "Not anymore. Fucking Ken. Do something for yourself." I closed my book and throw the pencil unnecessarily.

"You tell that to yourself, Cass." He breathed.

"He lied to me when he was the one I least expected to."

"Oh come on, he lied to you once and that was because he was out of ways to even talk to you." Huh, same old shit. "Before he knew you he only deals with girls like my sister's kind. He didn't know shit about any of this."

"I still hate him."

"You're not even near to hating him," He snorted and I glared. "Look, I don't mean to go all 'big brother' on you but hell, if you hate him for what he did at least let him make it up to you. If it's not enough, then make it clear that you won't fuck with him anymore. Don't just keep hanging up like you're doing now. It's unfair to the two of you. Stop lying to him and to yourself saying that you hate him when you're feeling the opposite."

The perks of being friends with Kenneth were none. From a far he might look like a brainless footballer but up-close he's a 70-year-old with advices. "You sound like Mr. Miyagi."

"Fuck off, Cass. Do something to yourself." He mimicked my tone and I smiled.

"Thanks grandpa," I smiled and he fucking patted my head.

"Whatever, I got to go. Hot date tonight."

Holy shit. Halley. "Me too."

--

Harry

Cassandra was here. I could see her sitting alone playing with her hair from the edge of the row and my feet were trembling. I miss her. I miss her so much I don't know whether to be happy or sad to see her. But as I said, I was a selfish bastard. So I approached her.

"Excuse me, is this seat taken?" I smiled. There were two empty seats beside her, she didn't answer me immediately, there were a couple of seconds after she drifted her look from my shoes, and there it was.

The most beautiful pair of bright eyes.

She bit her lip when she saw me, long enough to remind me of the taste of if. "May I sit here?" I asked again carefully and it hurt a little that she only raised her eyebrows as permission. I preferred her to throw the chair and slap my face with it rather than this silent treatment shit. I took the second chair, sparing one empty chair to separate us.

"I don't bite, you know." Cassandra chuckled quietly and I had to blink a few times to make sure it was real. "You can sit here," She said, gesturing to the chair beside us.

When I wanted to answer, someone suddenly chirped behind me asking the same question. "Hi, is someone's sitting here?" I turned to look the person and it was a guy that looked like our age, smirking at Cassandra.

"Yes. I am," I answered him and move to the empty chair beside . He rolled his eyes, and I plastered my wide smile. I should've thanked him, though. He made me sit next to Cassandra, our side arms and legs touching.