Chapter 16

Carter's POV

The door to the room opened, and the doctor walked out slowly, his head hung low as he walked towards me.

"The Luna seems to have suffered through major blood loss, whip scratches along her back, cuts and rashes along her frontal upper body, bruising along the neck and thighs and even signs of electrocution. Her wrists and ankles are fractured due to struggling the silver and her ribs are broken. Luckily there have been no signs of rape or any head trauma. However there is a massive amount of wolf's bane in her system, from which we have managed to extract most of it. Her wolf is still unresponsive therefore she has gone into a coma. Only her wolf can heal her now. Since you are her mate, she will need your support Alpha. Her wolf might come back quicker if you're by her side" he bowed before disappearing from my sight. My heart stopped as I processed his words.

I walked slowly into the room, in which my mate lay in, her fragile body lying almost lifeless and pale, connected to different machines. I sat down right beside her, my hand gripping her bandaged ones before I brought them to my mouth, where I placed a soft kiss.

"Come back to me, please. Come back to me" I pleaded, snuggling closer to her. Tears had made their way out of my eyes, and I didn't bother stopping as I recalled the doctor's words. I lifted the white cotton sheet slightly with her almost transparent hospital wear.

Long cuts covered body, and dark bruises were on her beautiful thighs. Her body was covered with marks that all had a memory of pain, and all I wanted to do was kiss it all away, all I wanted to do was make her happy again, take all the pain away. I placed a kiss on her forehead, and sat back down, her fragile hand in mine as I ignored the pain that filled my heart.

Come back to me cupcake.

The door soon opened and Eddy walked into the room, his face dropping as he saw his sister. His jaw clenched as he slowly made his way around the bed to the other side of her, gripping her other bandaged hand like me.

"What happened to her?"

"Blood loss, whip marks, cuts, rashes, electrocution, fractured wrists, bruises, broken ribs and a missing wolf due to wolf's bane." His growl mirrored mine as he clutched his sister's hand closer to him.

"What happened back there?"

"The hybrids are dead, so is Logan. My father escaped"

"Your mother?"

"I killed her"

"Good" I replied, heartlessly as I looked back at my mate.

Come back to me cupcake.

A/N

Sorry for the extremely short and boring chapter, but there is more to come!! Chapter thoughts?? Future predictions?? Comment below and tell me what you think! Also, check out the profile of the second installment of the Hard Mate Series if you haven't already!

Picture of Carter to the side--->

VOTE

COMMENT

SHARE

-Neha