Chapter 3

EVELYN'S POV

I walked back to my house, angry and upset. First, the loss of my grandmother, and then the rejection from my mate. I didn't even know what I did to him. He didn't even know me. Maybe it was for the best anyways. I was in no position to have a mate with everything going on. All I was focused on right now, was the party. I had clear instructions to go to it. And that's exactly what I would be doing. I will not stand the loss of another innocent person because of my mistake.

I arrived my house shortly and blasted the door open, immediatley running to my room. I never went to parties since I was a nerd, so I didn't really know what they were like. But I did know that parties meant sluts. Loads of them. But that didn't stop me from going. The safety of our pack and the ones I cared about mattered more than facing sluts. For a split second I thought of dragging James with me, but that would just rise questions in his mind. Questions that I couldn't answer and I knew he wouldn't leave unanswered.

I picked out my blue skinny jeans, my white tank top, and my yellow blazer. I didn't bother with pumps and wore my yellow wedges instead. It was elegant, and not too flashy. Simple and sweet. Emotions suddenly fled my body and I felt completley heartless. Enough had been taken away from me in just a day, and I had nothing to feel for anyone anymore. Apart from James. But doing this meant keeping him safe, and I was willing to do that. I wore my outfit, and with a bit of concealer - to cover the bags under my eyes - mascara and lipgloss, I left my house and went straight into my car.

It was now 9pm and I was parked outside the house where the party took place. The smell of alcohol was scattered around the whole area. The music was loud and could be heard until the borders of the pack, which was rather painful due to our sensetive hearing. I took one last deep breath before I exited my vehicle and made my way to the house. As soon as I did, I regretted it. It was like a strip club in there. Probably even worse. GIrls were wearing the shortest possible dresses, humping and grinding against the boys. I made my way to the drink section and made it my safe corner, away from the hooligans. Instantly, I smelt the amazing scent I had earlier. My mate was at the party. Well why wouldn't he be? He was known for the being the biggest womanizer on the planet. As I looked around the room, I caught sight of him and some blonde bimbo making out in the corner of the room. My wolf immediatley demanded to come out and smash that slut's head. But I didn't let her. I wouldn't let that heartless man turn me into something I'm not. Controlling the urge to kill everyone, I poured myself a drink and focused on my mission, shutting Catherine out. On my third drink, I could feel my mate's heavy gaze on me. I ignored it and didn't look back at him. I was too ashamed to even look at him. He disgusted me. It was rather distracting and the thought of him with that bitch hurt like a tonne of bricks, but the safety of my pack came before a mate that rejected me, breaking all of me in the process. Ignoring him, I continued sipping through my drink. Suddenly, I visualied a curious man on the other corner of the room stare at me. He had black hair and dark brown eyes and was wearing a black suit. Clearly he didn't come to party. That was my guy. The guy whose instructions I was supposed to follow. I watched as he signalled me made his way to the door.

Gulping the rest of my drink down in one shot, I followed him outside. When I got outside, he was nowhere to be seen. He dissapeared into thin air. However as I took a step forward, I felt something crunch beneath me and noticed a small white piece of paper on the floor right below me. I picked it up, causing a small object to fall from it. I got it, only to discover it was a small, black pendrive. I opened the paper and read it's contents.

You might want to have a look at that pendrive. Who knows what you might find on it? See ya soon Ev.

BFF

I instantly threw the piece of paper on the ground angrily and dashed up to my car, speeding it back to my laboratory. I had a bad feeling that whatever the pendrive was holding, was not good informtaion.