Chapter 1

Trailer on the side (not the best one). Read the A/N at the end!

I've always been the one who gets extra excited prior to celebrating someone's birthday. Whether it is someone from my family or friends, it doesn't matter. I'm that kind of person who gets excited about every single thing, someone who simply enjoys the moments, smiles and laughs. However, as April was coming closer, I started getting more nervous than I'd usually be. April not only meant sunnier weather and more parties. It meant something more to me and this time, the word was about my eighteenth birthday.

Of course, as a normal human being, I'd be extraordinary happy about it. But as a werewolf, I couldn't help myself but stop and think about that one thing.

Who is my mate?

To be honest, I've never been that much worried about that fact. Not until now, at least. It was like I became so obsessed with finding out the real truth of who is my soul mate going to be. Sometimes, I think how I'm still too young to find out such thing. Sometimes, I'm too eager to find out who is it really going to be. But sometimes, I get this crazy idea of that one person being the one.

''So what's it going to be? A party?''

''It must be a party!''

I laugh at my friends' excitement about my upcoming birthday, as I take a sip of the fizzy drink I've gotten at school's cantine.

''Yes, there's going to be a party,'' I reply.

Both of my best friends, Brooklyn and Carissa, whom I've known for three years now, happily clapped their hands together, widely smiling at me. While Brooklyn is more excited about the fact that I'll celebrate my birthday at all, Carissa is more satisfied with the fact that I'm choosing to throw a party. Since I was really debating whether I should even throw something big like a party with numerous of people I do and do not know, I decided to just go for it. After all, it was my eighteenth birthday we were talking about and it was a big deal.

''I'm so happy! Don't worry Sally, we'll help you with whatever you need!'' Carissa said, but I expected nothing less from her.

A few moments later, I could smell the very known people coming through the doors of the school's cafeteria. I didn't even have to look behind my back to see the famous four walking towards us, while other people were gawking and gifted the four guys with their usual stares.

''Hi, love.'' Zach's deep voice reached my ears, as he took the chair beside mine, his long arm has already been placed around my shoulders. Trenton, Jacob and Calvin also joined us, considering how Zach is best friend with them, but I could say they are as good to me as they are to him. 

''Hey, loser.'' I mock him, while picking some of my food from the plate, before placing it in my mouth and enjoying the salty taste.

''You know you love me.'' 

Zach...

Zach Powell is literally my best friend. It can be confusing, but neither Carissa nor Brooklyn have been my friends as much as he has. He was there from the first day of my birth, since I am, after all, one year younger than he is. From that day one, I can say we became inseparable. Thanks to him, I've never felt alone. Even if there were moments when I felt like it, he was there to remind me that I'm not. But besides those moments when I was feeling down, he was the person I shared my funniest and the most embarrassing moments with. As much as he knows about me, I know about him too. And if I'd say there's not one secret between the two of us, there really isn't. All in all, Zach is one of the most important people I have in my life and I don't intend to change that.