113

A/N: so many people said yes to a third book so I'll do a trial (when I finish this book) for like 2/3 chapters and see how it goes?

Vote & Comment,

Es xo

__________________

- Aurora at nine months -

Carrie-Ann was tired beyond belief, Aurora had kept her up for most of the night crying, she was teething, her top two teeth now coming through and nothing Carrie-Ann did soothed her.

Harry didn't wake up which really was no surprise, leaving Carrie-Ann to take over.

When Carrie-Ann eventually woke, Aurora was giggling in Harry's lap beside her. He was trying to keep her quiet but it was merely impossible.

"Morning," He smiled looking over at her.

She smiled watching them both. "Morning," She croaked.

"Do you want to take the shower first or me?"

Carrie-Ann frowned. "Huh?"

"We're meeting my mum and Gemma for brunch?"

Carrie-Ann had completely forgot.

"Oh, I, can I maybe join you a little later? I was up most of last night with Rory,"

By the look on her face and the dark rings Harry knew she was having a hard time.
Aurora sneezed a few times which was cute at first, but after the fifth time Carrie-Ann asked Harry to put something warmer on her.

Harry got himself and Aurora ready before leaving out for brunch, the plan was Carrie-Ann would sleep for another hour then join on.

__________________

Carrie-Ann was thankful for the extra hour, even though it didn't make up for the lost six hours, it seemed to give her enough energy to last the day.

She met Harry and everyone who were in the middle of eating, she felt bad but they had promised it was fine. Harry already ordered for her but asked them to only bring it out when she arrived, earning a sweet kiss from her.

When Aurora saw her mother she kicked her legs happily against the highchair. Carrie-Ann leaned in to kiss her looking to see that she was having a piece of Anne's pancake - but a plain piece without toppings.

"How are you?" Anne asked as she settled in. "Harry said you didn't sleep?"

"I had about two hours or so, well three now I've just slept an hour."

Anne looked sympathetic. "It'll get easier I promise, teething is one of the hardest stages."

Carrie-Ann gave her a tired smile. "Tell me about it,"

Just then, Aurora sneezed a few times and Carrie-Ann frowned. Was she getting a cold?

Carrie-Ann fixed a cotton bib around Aurora's neck just to provide her with some extra material against her chest.

"So, tell me, any more wedding plans?" Gemma grinned at both Carrie-Ann and Harry who smiled at one another.

________________________

- Four days later -

Carrie-Ann had called out for a doctor at 8am and she still wasn't there by 10, Harry grew angry and called for a even more expensive one to come out to check on Aurora, she was coughing, sneezing and finding it difficult to breathe, Carrie-Ann had stayed up again last night checking she was able to breathe okay, she hadn't slept properly in around five nights from checking up on her.

She was exhausted.

When the doctor finally showed up, Carrie-Ann felt nothing but relief to have someone here to help.

Aurora hadn't been herself only wanting to drink, completely off her food. Her eyes were dark and she was feverish constantly.

"She has a mild form of bronchiolitis," The doctor announces within minutes of examining a crying Aurora.

"And what is that? What can I do to make her better?"

"It's a respiratory infection, common in children under two, there is nothing to worry about it can be cured easily. Depending on her immune system it can take up to two weeks to get better."

"So what do I have to do?" Carrie-Ann asks. 

Harry rubs her shoulders soothingly.

"There is no direct medicine for the virus, but you have to make sure she is upright at all times to keep her airways open, moist air within the house, plenty of fluids - dehydration is one of the biggest killers in babies, she needs to be drinking a minimum of 200ml of water a day, nasal drops can help and also ibuprofen for her fever, other than that plenty of rest and little contact with other children."

Carrie-Ann took it all in, taking notes as Harry gently bounced Aurora on his knee, after a while she got fed up and began to cry reaching for Carrie-Ann to take her. Whilst being sick she only wanted Carrie-Ann to hold her and mother her which Harry completely understood.

"I'll make sure to do everything, thank you doctor."

She smiled. "No problem,"

Aurora looked up at the lady as she said goodbye, hiding her face in Carrie-Ann's shoulder as the doctor waved to her.

"If you need anything else, just call."

Both Harry and Carrie-Ann nod. "We will, thank you."

"Right," Carrie-Ann sighed looking down at her unwell daughter, shall we have a snack?"