Chapter 14

Sophie's POV

"It makes your lips so kissable and your kiss unmissable, your finger tips so touchable and your eyes, irresistible" Carlos sang in my ear as I began waking up.

"My favourite One Direction song" I said, my voice filled with sleep.

"It certainly is. What do you think, could I be part of it?" He said, laughing and nuzzling into my neck, his facial hair scratchy on my skin.

"Get Dan, Dany and Max and you could be 'F1 direction'" I said, rolling us over so that I was straddling him.

"Hello" he said, holding my waist and looking up at me.

I placed my heads either side of his head, cupping his face before leaning down to place a light kiss on his lips.

"I really thought I'd ruined it yesterday, Chica. I really thought I was going to lose you. I never want to go through that feeling again" he said.

I ran my hands through his hair, unsure of what to say.

"I love it when you do that" he said, reaching up and cupping my face.

"What?" I said, blushing redder than the SF15T.

"When you run your hands through my hair and look at me like that" he smiled.

"Like what?" I said.

"Just, like that" he smiled.

Just then, the door opened. Max Verstappen and Fernando Aloneo came bursting in.

I'll say this, once never jumped off of Carlos that quick. I swear I jarred my neck in the process...

"Are we interrupting?" Fernando teased. Max looked very taken aback.

"I've got to start knocking. That's the second time now" he said looking scarred.

"Or we should start locking the door' Carlos said, rubbing his facial hair.

"Anyway, you're late so I really suggest you get up and to the garage asap, you're needed for driving, remember?" Max said, looking pissed off.

"What's wrong with you?" Carlos asked him.

"Carlos, don't ask...don't go there, I can't hear this again" Fernando said, wincing as I came out of the bathroom in a denim dress and leggings.

"Well...my girlfriend broke up with me" max said, looking at the ground.

"And why?" Carlos asked, relishing the moment.

"We don't see each other, I really loved her" he said, staring at the floor.

I rushed over, hating to see anyone crying.

"Hey, Max, listen to me, if that girl knows anything she'll come running back to you. And when she does you're going to turn her down, she doesn't deserve you" I said, running his shoulders.

"I feel like I didn't deserve her" he said.

"You were punching above your weight a bit" Carlos said. I shot him a dirty look.

"Hey, come on. Go and prove that it doesn't bother you by going out here and doing great in quali, yeah?" I said, giving him a hug. "But let Carlos come in front please" I said, laughing.

"I'm not making any promises" he laughed.

Carlos came out of the bathroom in his race-suit so that he wouldn't be late when it came to FP3. 

"ready Chica?" He said, noticing me applying a few coats of mascara.

"Yes, Chico, I'm ready!" I said enthusiastically.

"Anyway, I'm off, Let's see if I can beat the Manor's" Fernando said in an annoyed fashion. 

"McLaren-Slowda?" Max said, taunting him, receiving the middle finger from Fernando.

"Anyway, we should go too" Carlos said, taking hold of my hand protectively as we walked to the track.

***

"Well done Chico" I said, kissing him on the cheek as he came over to me.

"P10, not bad but I feel like I could have done better" He said, looking disappointed.

"Hey, rectify the issue for qualifying, yeah?" I said, holding two fingers under his chin so that he was looking at me. He gave me a quick peck on the lips and walked me to the motorhome.

***

"Carlos, it's nearly time" Tabatha said, knocking on the door.

Sophie had made me some lunch but I was adamant that she couldn't talk to me before qualifying. I felt awful for it, even more so as I glanced at her, sat on the sofa and reading a book. She looked at me, smiled and picked her bag up. She held her hand out towards me. I took it and walked to the garage in silence with her.

I finally managed to bring the car home in P8, it was just as well that Max parked the car in the gravel at turn 7.

"See, I said you'd do well" Sophie said, giving me a long kiss. For once, I didn't care that we were in front of the mechanics. I kissed her back, breaking away to a few wolf whistles.   

"Meet me back at the hotel, I've got to go to the media pen" I said, pecking her cheek.

***

"Chica? A fan gave me these to give to you" I said, seeing her laid on the bed, Max sat at the foot of it, both of them laughing away.

"Oh, did they tell you their social media?" She said, bounding over. Her lips looked a little swollen, like they do after we've been making out. 

"Yeah, they left a letter" I said, seeing Max shift uncomfortably. 

"They're beautiful! Oh and they fit perfectly!" She said, slipping her dainty feet into the red cloth shoes. "They'll be amazing to wear around the house"

"I'm going to go, Dad will be wanting me back" Max said, practically running out of the room.

"Max, wait, I want to talk" I said, following him.

"Yeah, sure" He said looking at me.

"What were you doing with Sophie" I asked, harshening my tone.

"Talking, joking, having a laugh" He said, shifting on his feet.

"That's not all. Her lips were swollen. You kissed her, didn't you?" I said, following his eyes down and noticing that his fly was open. No. He didn't...she didn't...

"Your fly's open. Max...answer me, you had sex..didn't you?" I said, tears forming in my eyes.

"Not...not really...she...she just sucked me off...at me ask...don't blame her, it was me" He said, running off towards his room.

I stood in shock for a moment.

I walked back into the room where Sophie had dimmed the lights. She was laid on the bed in her most revealing underwear, drawing patterns on her stomach with her finger. She saw that I was pissed off.

"What's wrong Chico?" She asked as I climbed into bed with her wearing just my underwear.

"Nothing" I said, leaning over and giving her a long, passionate kiss.

"I just want to sleep, I'm pretty tired" She said. She rolled over and opened the crook of her arm for me to slide mine in. I briefly did so.

"I know what happened. Don't think I don't. I'm not stupid. Max told me everything. The blowjob, the kisses, everything. I'm done" I said, taking my arm away, accidentally scratching her in the process. She said nothing.

Later that night I could hear her muffled cries. She was crying hard and she had been for several hours. Only this time, I wasn't going to comfort her. After a few moments the snuffles stopped and I thought she'd gone to sleep.  She grabbed a blanket from the end of the bed, threw on a nightshirt and went to the sofa. That thing was awful enough to sit on, but she was sleeping on it. 

At that point I felt horrible that I'd told her I was done, but I'd already said it. I glanced over at her the next morning and saw her tear-stained face. She took one look at me, started crying and ran to the bathroom.

What have I done...