Chapter 12

Sophie's POV

I ran my hands through his messy hair, kissing him lightly on the lips as he laid down next to me. He looked so tired that I couldn't help but wonder if staying up late to have sex was a good idea or not. 

"If I get in the points can I get that again" He smirked.

"I'll do that regardless" I laughed as he laid his head on my bare chest.

***

I walked down to breakfast with Carlos. All the way there I felt nervous about how his friends would see us. Most of the girlfriend's and wife's of the drivers went to the more glamourous races...and here's me...having my first grand prix experience in Shanghai...better start small...

"Are you okay?" Carlos asked, noticing how quiet I was.

"I'm fine. It's media day for you, right?" I replied, trying to shake off his comment by changing the subject.

"Yeah, it is. I'm in the press conference then I have a load of interviews to do. It gives you a chance to get aquainted with other girlfriends" He smiled at me. I squeezed his hand as we entered the foyer.

"No one's needed at the track for a while so we're all having breakfast here" He smiled "Let's go sit with Dan and Dany"

We walked over and sat down. Dany was the only person without a girlfriend on the table.

"You look tired, Carlos, didn't you get much sleep?" The woman asked. She looked beautiful in a sleeveless t-shirt and shorts.

"I had...er...I had a late night with Sophie" He said, looking away as Dany started laughing.

"Sophie, this is my girlfriend Jemma" Daniel said smiling. I got up and shook her hand.

"We should probably get going, have you seen Max?" Carlos asked.

"No, I'm not sure he's down here. He might already be at the track" Daniel said.

"As per usual! He keeps wanting to make a good impression to make up for his DNF's"

"Has anyone told him that he doesn't need to, it was down to car issues right?" I said.

"If he keeps doing it he'll be called a goody two shoes!" Jemma laughed.

"ANyway, I'm off to the track, are you lads joining me? Dany asked.

"We may as well" Daniel said, kissing Jemma and joining the Russian.

Carlos kissed me for several moments before walking off, leaving me with Jemma. After a moment I was tapped on the back. I turned around to see a beautiful tanned woman standing in front of me next to Fernando Alonso.

He's punching above his weight...

"Hi! I saw you with Carlos, are you his girlfriend? He never said he had one"

"Hi, yeah I am. We've been dating for a few months"

"You're Spanish, right? Oh, sorry, I'm Lara Alvarez!"

"I'm Sophie Barker and yes, I'm from Madrid"

"Fernando is off to the track, do you want to go into the town and see some stuff? Are you coming too Jemma?"

"Yeah, I have nothing else to do"

Carlos' POV

I smiled as I saw Sophie walking off with Lara and Jemma.

"See, you don't need to worry about her. She's befriended a few WAGs and they'll show her the way around" Daniel said.

"Were you like this when you first brought Jem?" I asked.

"I certainly was. I was more worried that she'd not be able to get used to our lifestyles when we're away."

"We're so much snappier and a lot more selfish away from home. I kind of regret bringing her because of that reason"

"Hey, Carlos, if she loves you she'll stick through it. She won't care about how selfish you have to be and how long you're away for. She'll stay there" Dany said.

"Jesus Christ, we best start checking what Dany drinks, he never gives advice like that!" Dan laughed.

***

My PR connected my microphone up and went to the front row with the rest of them. 

"Okay, Let's start with Carlos, After two points finishes are you expecting another one here?"

"I'm hopeful that we will be able to score some more points, but this track won't be the best for our car so we may have trouble but I'll be pushing as hard as I can"

***

"Okay, let's throw it out to the floor"

"Carlos, you've got a special lady in your life watching you race this weekend, how have you managed to kee her out of the spotlight"

"I haven't kept her out of the spotlight, we just wanted to keep our private life private and away from the media. It's my job to race and, as she's a nanny, she's also very busy so it's hard to get her to races. As we've only been dating for three months, we haven't een able to go to races together anyway"

***

"I knew that would happen, I knew I'd be asked about my relationship" I said to Max as we walked back to the hotel.

"You had to expect it though, it is the first time you've been seen together" He said.

There was a lot of laughing coming from our room. I peeked through the door and saw Sophie, Jemma and Lara laughing, taking selfies and having fun. I couldn't stop smiling. I knew she'd be happy.

"Having fun?" I said, walking in and laughing at them.

"Hola, Chico, did you have fun in the press conference? Or were you just sat squirming?" She laughed.

"A lot of questions were asked about us but that was about it" I smiled, ot wanting to worry her.

I sat in the corner of the room with Max whilst the girls spent the majority of the night together.