|4| Go Love Yourself

Start from the beginning

That's when she heard a sound, she listened closely and jumped back on the couch. She raised her fist up in victory when she found it, she didn't even look at who was calling by answered anyway.

"What's up?" She chuckled, a little out of breath but she was satisfied because she found her phone. Oh god, she really needs friends.

"Where the hell are you?"

She pulled her phone away from her ear, and her eyes widen seeing the caller ID. Lauren. She stood up, pressing her phone against her ear again and picking her backpack before walking to her door."I'm on my way..." Y/N said, opening her apartment door, but then turning back around realizing she needs keys to drive her car.

"Are you really?" She can practically see Lauren's perfect eyebrow rise.

"Yeah...I am..." Y/N says, turning around to lock her door. She lets out a deep breath before nodding, running down the hall and pressing the elevator button repeatedly."Lots of traffic."

"Oh?" She heard Lauren's voice say, obviously she isn't believing anything the younger girl is saying.

"Yeah...yup..." She popped the 'p' and groaned quietly when the elevator didn't open yet. She huffed, giving up on the stupid tech and went to the stairs, she is so glad she's on the third floor."Don't worry though, literally five feet away from your apartment building."

"You need this help, not me."

"Oh no, don't go all parental on me." Y/N groaned slamming her car door, cringing a little when she turned her car on.

"What was that?" Lauren sang shortly.

"Uh..." She was caught, although she does know Lauren knows she's late. Really late. It's almost four o'clock and she should've been at Lauren's apartment two hours ago. Eh, being late isn't something new to Y/N. Y/N let out a small nervous chuckle,"Yeah...I'm actually just now getting on the road."

"I'll see you in ten."

"Ten minutes?!" Y/N's eyes widen, glancing at the time then hearing a small laugh from Lauren's end.

"Bye..."

And Y/N would've been angry, if Lauren hadn't sang that word so adorably. She groaned, tossing her phone on the passenger seat, she placed both hands on her steering wheel and started making her way to Lauren's apartment.

---

Lauren raised her hand, bringing each finger down as the seconds counted down. Just when she was about to lower her index finger, there was a repeated knock on her door. The older girl chuckles, opening her door and seeing an out of breath Y/N."Hi..." Lauren said innocently.

Y/N huffs, leaning against Lauren's doorframe."I ran up the stairs. Why do elevators take so damn long?" She muttered, walking past Lauren when she moved aside. She dropped her backpack on the ground next to the couch and her book on the coffee table.

"You ran up fifteen flights of stairs?" Lauren asked, taking a seat next to Y/N's legs as she laid down on her couch. She patted Y/N's leg before grabbing her backpack and opening it herself,"Let's see what we have today." Lauren said, a little excited on doing these math problems.