Chapter 32

I walk down to the town hall, there's a meeting. It's probably gonna be about the rebellion, and our victory. I hear clapping as all the pilots, including me, as we walk into the group. We all look confused.

"Let's get started, thanks for giving our brave pilots a warm welcome." Chloe says

We wave as they clap.

"Thanks for everyone who participated in our protection. Your work is valued." Chloe says, applauding follows.

"We were successful in beating the government." Applauding erupts in the crowd, Chloe waits until it dies down. "But, we must not be arrogant about it. Believe me, there are going to be a lot more attacks where that came from. That was probably a test, but we must constantly outsmart the enemy."

We all clap, "Use this victory as an example of what it will feel like in the end, when we rid of the 'president' dictator." Chloe says, applauding erupts again. "I'd like to welcome Noah Syndergard, our weapons expert on stage."

Noah walks on stage, "Hi guys, Chloe asked me to give a word of encouragement." I can tell he's really nervous.

"And, well, um." He shakes, I know he's uncomfortable on stage.

I push through the crowd, I climb up the stairs, Noah looks at me.

He hands me the mic, "Hi guys, I'm James. I'll give a word of encouragement in replacement of Noah." I gesture for Noah to get off stage.

I walk around, public speaking never was an issue for me, "Fear, we all have it." I point into the crowd, "I'm willing to bet that everyone in this crowd has a fear of some sort."

I pause, "Noah, correct if I'm wrong, but it seems you have a fear of public speaking."

He nods in agreement, "Okay, well there's always fear, fear of what we may not know, fear of the future, fear of what if we may lose this war."

Everyone is dead silent, "We have to overcome fear before it overcomes us. Fear consumes people, we can't let the jaws of fear get near us. Fear is a mental struggle, we can overcome fear, in maybe complicated ways. Maybe by simply accepting or doing your fear." I put my hands in my pockets.

"My friends, fear is superficial. It's nothing more than the unwillingness of one to do something. Don't let fear take you over, especially now." I say, "Thank you."

I walk off stage, Chloe walks back up, "Thanks James."

Everyone stays dead silent, "Well, I guess that's all, you guys are dismissed."

I can hear a bit of chatter, but nothing much at all. Chloe walks up to me, "Was that on the spot?"

"Yeah, I guess. I kinda though about it before, when I saw Noah extremely scared." I respond

"Wow, you're pretty good at public speaking." Chloe says, "Let's go to the team meeting." She grabs my arm, we walk toward town hall.

"Hi guys, thanks to all who could make it." Chloe says, "I organized this meeting to discuss our plan for the next month or so."

She sits down, "First, I want to talk about propaganda, a super useful tool."

"What about it?" Eric asks

"Well, you know how the TV broadcasts 24/7?" Chloe questions, "Well, I was thinking of hacking into the network, and insert a short ad of ours, we can make it. I was thinking of broadcasting during the president's weekly speeches."

"Who's going to hack into it?" I ask

"Lucinda, of course." Chloe says. Lucinda sits in her seat, she's awkward and quiet.