Chapter 3

I roll out of my bed, thinking about that dream. What was that all about? I don't know why, but I fell like I've seen that girl before, but I know I haven't. Shake it off, get dressed, do the usual, think about it later. I do the usual things I do every morning.

"Good morning Mom." I say

"Hey James, how did ya sleep?" She asked, watching the TV

"Pretty good, um..." I said

"What?" She questions

"Nothing." I say, I was gonna tell her about my dream, but I decided not to.

I put some bread in the toaster and buttered it for my breakfast, pretty bland. I need to try to do something new, same is boring after a while. I watch the news.

"Good morning my fellow Americans," Psht, yeah right, he tries to isolate himself, "I want to thank you for cooperating with the new laws in place, to help raise money for our troops, and aiding them... I would also like to announce that Joseph Haywood, from Charter 14," wait, that's our charter, I know Joseph, he wasn't a bad guy, "Has been put into custody for treason, and plotting to take down our government, thank you have a nice day." The program then turns off. Joseph, I knew him, he was a really nice guy, good parents and everything, his dad and even Joseph worked for the President himself, odd.

Then I remembered that I had to get my card for my bike.

"Hey I have to go, I need to get that card thing." I tell my Mom

"Ok, be safe, have a good day." She says, still staring at the TV

I collected fifty dollars from what I have earned in the past five months. That's all I had. I closed the door behind me and got on my bike.

No one pulled me over or bugged me the ride there. I parked my bike and walked inside, it was pretty cold, but a sweet smell.

"Hi honey how could I help ya?" The receptionist asked

"Hi, I need one of those Cards of Ownership things, do you carry them?" I ask

"We sure do, whats your name? And what is this for?" She asks

"James Delgado, and it's for my bike." I tell her

"Okay, one second, here that'll be fifty dollars." She tells me

"Here you go, have a nice day." I look at her and smile, something I rarely do, but she was the exception

"You too hun."

The bike ride was a few minutes longer, but I still got there on time. I saw Trinity and Michael already there, I'm usually there first.

"You guys are early." I tell them

"Yeah, Michael hitched a ride with me, and I left a little early." Trinity tells me

"Yeah, hey, you guys wanna come over to my house on Sunday, we can hang out?" Michael asked us

"Sure." Trinity and I say at the same time, Sunday was the only day we had off, so I decided it would be fun

The bell rang, time for work to start. I grabbed my tools and headed off to the farthest field, that way I could get to my bike quicker at the end of the day, and I didn't really have to start working for another 15 to 20 minutes, it's a long walk. All around me I saw men in some odd suits, like protective suits watching the workers, I guess to make sure that we don't get off task. One of them cut me off.

"Excuse me, sir, where do you think you're going?" The man asked

"Uh, to the farthest field, I work my way down." I tell him