Chapter 20

Okay last one fr, I probably won't update again til Tuesday so I think you guys can live with that :)

*Unedited*

Okay Zayn would be lying if he said he wasn't worried about Liam. He hasn't been in school for two weeks and he was starting to think the unthinkable. Maybe he was harsh? Well technically it was fine for him to tell Liam off, he broke his promise.

Then again the art competition was a small event, but it was huge for Zayn. He's been so confused, and he's been scared yet still pissed off at Liam. He did call him a bitch, but then again if Zayn's being honest he is one sometimes. That's his thing, being a bad bitch

But hearing that from a guy you really really like hurts. Zayn started to feel worried in Geometry class when the teacher, Ms. Acron, had asked of anyone had seen Liam.

"Liam Payne?" Ms. Acron calls out looking around the classroom. "Absent again? Has anyone seen Liam lately?" They all chorused no and that's when Zayn began to panic. Was he trying to avoid him? Is he attending another school?

What made it worse was when Niall went up to her after she dismissed class. Zayn sits right in front of her desk and was eavesdropping as he put his books into his bag."Ms. Acron? Can I talk to you?"

"Sure Niall, what's wrong?" "It's about Liam, I know why he hasn't been in school for almost two weeks now" "Oh is he alright? Is he sick?"

"No, Liam and his mother are going through something right now. He's trying to be there for her" Zayn froze slightly hearing those words, what happened? Did somebody pass away in his family? That's when Zayn left the classroom filled with so many 'what ifs' in his head

His day was terrible, he's been worrying about Liam, Max and his flying monkey have been tormenting him all day. They took his hat literally playing Frisbee with it, he's been shoved in the lockers about ten times today and was sick of the fact that he was getting used to it

He was walking home alone when he told his friends he wasn't feeling well. All he wanted to do is get in bed and listen to Coldplay's song Always in my head on repeat.

He was thinking about calling Liam but he doubts the older boy wants to talk to him at all. He fiddled with his finger wishing he haven't given Liam back that ring. He missed the way it had hugged his finger, most of all he just missed Liam

He wasn't as angry before, now he's upset. Either way he still had feelings, no matter what he does. He sighs sadly stopping at the corner watching the car drive past, he had a feeling something was following him.

He gripped on the straps of his bookbag hearing the sound of a car pull up beside him.

"Zayn, get in we'll give you a ride" Zayn stopped to see Ashton giving him a sad smile, "No thanks, I'm fine" "I insist, we have to talk anyways"

"I don't want to talk to you right now Ashton" "Please Zayn? We'll talk while we drop you off at your house" Luke says from behind the wheel.

Zayn bit his lip unsurely before nodding, "Fine" he says as Niall opens the door helping the boy inside.

Luke begins to drive, "So we take it that you haven't spoke to Liam" "Is this why you picked me up?"

Niall nods, "Liam isn't doing so well Zayn, we just want to see if you could talk to him" "Why can't you guys do it? You're his bestfriends"

"We've tried and it's not working" "I'm still angry at him" "We know, I mean if my boyfriend ever did that to me I'd never want to see them again" Niall confesses making Ashton glare.