Chapter 3

I was placing the frozen desserts into the freezer of the mart humming to myself. I noticed a few people come in a while ago but I didn't pay any mind, I never do honestly.

After I was finished I closed the glass freezer door looking at my reflection, I slouched my beanie just a little.

I was wearing the one Spoogy had gotten me for my birthday last year, it was so cute it was bright red, green, and yellow.

He told me I was like the British Bob Marley but more sarcastic and rude, which I took as a compliment.

"Zayn I need you in the storage room please" I heard Simon speak into the com.

I sighed putting the basket away as on my way to towards the back, "Someone called?" I ask, opening the door to find Simon and Spoogy inside.

"You and Spoogy are going to be unloading the boxes and rearranging the shelves" I sigh nodding, "Fine, those boxes are heavy so Spog can bring them to me in the aisles" I say motioning to the back of me.

Simon leaves us alone and I lean on the door watching Spoogy grab the boxes. "Are the boxes heavy?" I ask. "Eh kinda, but your scrawny arms would snap if you held them"

I glare him as he gives me a grin, walking past me, "Y'know I'm not that scrawny" I say, crossing my arms following behind him.

Maybe I glances at my arms a few times, but they aren't scrawny.

He drops the box on the ground shrugging, "Well whatever you want to call it Zee, just know you'll end up crying if you attempt to pick up those boxes"

I mock him under my breath, getting on my knees to open the box. "Why do you always shave your head? I think you should grow out your hair"

Spoogy tilts his head rubbing his buzzcut, "You think?" I nod, "I mean I think a lot of girls would like that"

Spoogy smiles grabbing the chips from the box placing it on the shelves, "Really? Girls think I'm weird"

"Liz thinks you're pretty cute, but I promised I wouldn't tell you that so don't snitch"

Spoogy twiddles his thumbs shyly, "I won't snitch, snitches get stitches" I couldn't help but chuckle at him. He was the sweetest guy ever, I mean if he was gay and not so crazy I would've totally slid in his dms

I started handing more chips so he could place them on the shelf. After we finished the 3rd aisle, we went onto the next still talking about how he should grow his hair.

He excused himself as he went back to the storage closet to grab another box, I checked my watched before I had moved the mustard and ketchup away for space for more to be added. I drummed my fingers against metal waiting for Spoogy to come back

"Well look guys, Zack works here" I glared turning my head towards the voice. Of course it had to be Max, and his crew of course. This Mart was a place where I could get away from these dickheads

I glanced to see Louis was standing in the back which made me sick, so much for trying to explain to me why he was an ass.

Max crossed his arms, "Wow, kind of pathetic that you work here huh?" I sigh picking with the ketchup bottle. "Could you go away?" I ask.

"Um no can do, I mean wait til the whole school hears about this" All of them laugh except for Louis who gave a weak chuckle

"Hey Zee I got the next box" Spoogy says trying to push past the guys, it was truly hilarious he even shoved Max a little standing next to me. He could've walked around them but Spoogy wasn't normal for that